So whatever happend to the national healthcare law they were trying to pass??

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by redhen, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Is it still in the works or was it totally kicked out??
    I dont keep up with the news very good... :oops:

2. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    My healthcare isn't free.

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA

Gee really?? ;)

4. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    Being an election year they most likely do not want to talk about it. It will most likely be ruled unconstitutional or at least certain provisions of it.

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

6. bakerjw

bakerjw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Johnson City, Tn
    From my understanding, if any part of it is thrown out then it all goes out. I guess that they can build some bills so that they must remain complete.

7. Capvin

Capvin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    Lake Placid, FL
    The Health Care Law was passed by Congress in 2011 and although most of its provisions do not begin to take effect until 2014 a couple of important ones took effect immediately, i.e. where children can stay on their parents policy for a longer period of time and the provision that prohibits an insurance company from denying coverage for a pre-existing condition. There is a provision in the bill that is called the individual mandate that would require people to be insured or face penalties. The stated purpose of that provision (which is almost exactly the same as the Massachusetts Plan) is when you have everyone insured it spreads the risk and makes policies cheaper. That is the provision that has been challenged legally and will be taken up by the Supreme Court in 2012. The statements that it will be ruled unconstitutional and therefore the whole law will fail are just the political spoutings of Rush and Glen Beck. The provision that has been challenged has, in fact, been upheld in a couple of Federal Court challenges already and it is certainly unclear whether the fall of the indicidual mandate will void the entire law; probably unlikely. How the Supreme Court ruling will ride on the leanings of some of the conservative judges and right now I can assure you that it is difficult to impossible to determine how any of them will rule in this matter.

1 person likes this.
  8. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
  9. gickelvolk

gickelvolk Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2011
    Nebraska
    It passed......

This is yet another club to beat everyone over the head with at every election........

It's not about "Health Care".... It's about control over the population......

Ask yourself if you will be pleased when a bureaucrat decides an activity or hobby is too dangerous to allow due to safety impacts on health costs..... unless you pay an additional fee to cover potential issues.

If you don't think it will go that way just ask any Brit about "Health & Safety" commissions in England.

If this is not repealed we are going to be in deeper doo-doo than anyone can imagine. It's Nanny-State on steroids....

10. cupman

cupman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    It's interesting how before our current president was elected it was something like 70 or 80 percent of people wanted health care reform. But now it's split party line. You can always spot a sore loser.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by