So whats your funny chicken story?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by SummerTimeFarm, Dec 17, 2013.

1. SummerTimeFarm

SummerTimeFarm Out Of The Brooder

Dec 15, 2013
    Just post funny storys about your flock.

2. onedoodle3

onedoodle3 Chillin' With My Peeps

First SummerTimeFarm [​IMG] ! Welcome to the coop!!

This happened day before yesterday. I had let my flock out to free range and as always, they headed over to my parents property that is beside me. I went in mom and dad's a visited for a little bit, then went to walk back over to my place and notice the flock was near the raised flower bed. I was watching them as I was walking and noticed Romeo (my Silver Laced Wyandotte Rooster) was scratching near the raised bed. Apparently he hit a stick because a stick came up behind him and smacked him in the butt. He jumped straight up off the ground Bawwwwkkkkking as loud as he could! The others just stood there and looked at him like What is your problem???? [​IMG] I laughed so hard I had to sit down in the field. He never did go back over to the raised bed to scratch anymore that day..

1 person likes this.
  3. tatertot

tatertot Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2013
    Well mines not that funny...I went in to check and collect eggs and I had one pullet so eager to lay her egg in the nest that was already occupied that she was sitting on top of the other pullet ...LOL...I thought it was funny...however I don't think the chicken being laid on was too happy..LOL

Another time I caught one girl stealing fake eggs out from under another laying girl..the thief moved real slow..while the other was nasty squawky...

4. onedoodle3

[​IMG] Tatertot, I can just imagine the look on the chicken's face that the other one was laying her egg on! [​IMG] Chickens are hilarious at times!

5. tatertot

tatertot Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2013
    yes they are..wonderfully entertaining animal...just like a toddler always up to and into everything imaginable

6. SummerTimeFarm

SummerTimeFarm Out Of The Brooder

Dec 15, 2013
    My funny story is one day my favorite show hen ran up to me and laid and egg on my boot and then ran away again. It was like she didn't want the other hens to see it! [​IMG]

7. onedoodle3

[​IMG] Talk about a personal present! That's funny!!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by