1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

So who is waiting for there Brinsea Octagon 20 ECO Incubator to come??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Seeing Silkies, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Seeing Silkies

Seeing Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Columbia TN
    I am sure I am one of many others who ordered the Brinsea Octagon 20 ECO Incubator [​IMG] after the "Pushers Post " [​IMG] I should have mine Tomorrow or Tue Once I get it set up and on smooth sailing, I have eggs waiting to go in. I needed a fool proff incubator & after reading all the reply's, I think I found it [​IMG] [​IMG] . I just cant wait & I didnt tell BF about it so I cant talk about it at home yet [​IMG] I will wait till its up & running & has eggs in it and wait for him to say were did you get that [​IMG] or how much did that cost, ohhh boy i hope he don't [​IMG] Well if you are one of the ones who ordered & have yours up & running or are waiting any day now for it, Like to hear all about it & what you are hatching [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I am going to be hatching 6 Black / Lavender Split Silkies ( I bought them ) & 3 or 4 of my silkies & show Girl Eggs
    I want to see how this goes before I put to much out on eggs,
    Oh & to The Pusher [​IMG] Thank You [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  2. DanEP

DanEP Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    Cadiz Ky
    I am not waitng for mine but I just finished my first hatch in a eco 20.found it to be rock solid temp wise but a little finnicky on humidity but think it was do to heat on in house drying things out. I think there is a lot to learn about this hatching stuff but still managed to hatch 8 out of 11. You will like the brinsea.

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR HATCH [​IMG]

Dan

3. speedy2020

speedy2020 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2010
    My will be here on 11/17.

4. Seeing Silkies

Sep 12, 2010
    Columbia TN
    Quote:Now that was a good turn out, Were they shipped eggs? or your own eggs? But still a good job. [​IMG]

5. Seeing Silkies

Sep 12, 2010
    Columbia TN
    Quote:are going to put it to work right away??

6. dwegg

dwegg Chillin' With My Peeps

I was going to get this incubator but I went with the Genesis Hova-bator instead....

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I have mine full right now and I love this bator. When I can afford it I am going to buy another one.

8. speedy2020

speedy2020 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2010
    Quote:are going to put it to work right away??

I am going to try only 6 eggs. I got 12 chicks hatched few days using the free LG from Craigslist. It works just fine, but keep temperature and humidity stable little hard. There is too much baby sitting. I will remove the LG controller and heat element for brooder & seed plant project.

9. Seeing Silkies

Sep 12, 2010
    Columbia TN
    Quote:Yep if all goes well Thats my plan to, to get a 2nd one

10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Yep if all goes well Thats my plan to, to get a 2nd one

After a devestating loss this past week due to a predator, I can clearly see the need for second one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by