So who lays the pink egg?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by PaulADK, Aug 13, 2014.

1. PaulADK

PaulADK Out Of The Brooder

Sep 17, 2013
    [​IMG]

We have eight hens laying at the present time - 3 EE's, 4 red sex linked and 1 Black Jersey Giant. Taken in order clockwise, the egg second from the top is a true pink. the egg at the 3:00 position is baby blue, and the egg at 9:00 is quite a dark olive green. The other eggs are all shades of brown. So who is laying the pink egg?

Note: all eggs are considerably darker/richer in color than they appear in this photo.

2. tlcarnes2176

tlcarnes2176 Chillin' With My Peeps

EE are the only chickens that I know of that lay pink, blue, and green eggs. I may be wrong though!

3. islandgirl82

islandgirl82 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2014
    Maine
    The pink is an E E egg :)

4. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    I concur....pretty cool, out of 3 EE's you got bluish, olive and pink!

5. 7 Biddies

7 Biddies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2012
    NE GA Mountains
    My Coop
    Cool! I have 2 EEs, one that lays a beautiful light sage green egg, and one that lays plain old brown. I also have 2 new EEs that should start laying any time now. Can't wait to see what colors I get!

6. islandgirl82

islandgirl82 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2014
    Maine
    That's half the fun of having EE's. I have 3...my oldest lays pink, one just started laying but oddly enough, she lays 2 blue-green eggs every other day; one considerably smaller than the other and the third EE hasn't started yet but I'm eager to see what color she'll give. I also have an Olive egger but she won't be POL until this fall.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by