1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

So who's a good source for buckeyes?

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by Overeasyplz, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    After reading what the recent buzz is in the Meat Birds ECT section, I want to learn more about the buckeyes. Who's breeding for hatching eggs, where to buy day olds, you know:) I think I'd like to try them this spring!

2. Chipper

Chipper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2009
    Washington County, NY
    Check this site out Buckeyechickens.com Good luck

3. greenpeeps

greenpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Greenford, Ohio
    I'm looking for the same thing. Earlier I found a web site with a list of registered breeders. If I find it again I'll post if for you

4. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    Very nice site! They are really pretty birds. I know I started a tread that has already been done but the latest one was from 2008, so I wanted to see how the buckeye breeders were doing. What'sa buckeye nut? I have never heard of it. I don't see the cornish in them. They look more like a rock than anything [​IMG]

5. OSUman

OSUman GO BUCKS

Apr 17, 2009
    Central Illinois
    Pathfinder and others on here have buckeye chickens and theres a whole thread on them in here.

6. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Rnau has some gorgeous ones that are tied to national award winners by blood. Give him a pm. Thanks and happy hatching and Happy New Year!

7. Brunty_Farms

Brunty_Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2007
    Ohio
    Well, I have really good meat lines and as soon as I process the 300 broilers I have I will be setting eggs which should be in about 3 weeks. Hopefully by the end of May I should have plenty of chicks hatched for my project and the rest will be sold as hatching eggs. As for price, I have yet to determine the price but will keep you informed. Hatchery stock just isn't the same as getting them from a breeder. I have found hatchery stock of buckeyes to be smaller and very light in color.

Here are some pics of mine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. OSUman

OSUman GO BUCKS

Apr 17, 2009
    Central Illinois
    Where/ Who did you get your stock from Brunty?

9. Engteacher

Engteacher Poultry, Poetry, and Prose

Sep 1, 2009
    Hastings, MN
  10. greenpeeps

greenpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Greenford, Ohio
    Found it! AmericanBuckeyeClub.org . Theres a list of breeders by state.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by