So would you or wouldn't you?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by budda, Jul 7, 2011.

1. budda

budda Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Atlanta GA
    I want a speckled Sussex to add to my flock. Wifey said "no more bleeping birds"!!! I am getting rid of two or three on Saturday and have an appointment to look at some speckled Sussex hens afterward on my way to work.

My question is this: Would you go ahead and get the speckled Sussex, add her to the henhouse and beg forgiveness later when she notices a new girl in the coop, or would you tell her about it, beg like an 8 year old and run the risk of her throwing a temper tantrum until you give up on the idea??

[​IMG]

2. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    Who buys the feed and takes care of them? can you afford them? do they effect her personally? if your answer is "me, yes and no then I would get them, this is not what I consider a joint venture or a debatable topic between a husband and wife. It is not like you are buying a car. I would have already bought the bird and told her over a dinner out. IMO.

3. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    Remember it is always easier to get forgiveness than permission.

4. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    Quote:Lol, I agree. Besides, if you get rid of 3 and only get 2, than that's still less birds. At least that's what I told everyone when I got rid of 4 and got 3 new ones last time. [​IMG]

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I would never advocate going behind your spouses back. However if you point out, on your way out the door, that 3 left and 2 are coming "It ain't MORE birds honey!", and then take off real fast, that may just work out.

6. java girl 2

java girl 2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    NY
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    My wife and I have ironed out these type of decisions/purchases 20 years ago and have an understanding that it is OK and is mutual. Might be time for that conversation with your wife. It helped us.

8. ChickenAlgebra

ChickenAlgebra Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    I can't go behind my husbands back. May be easier to ask forgiveness, but it's much harder to repair trust.

9. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    I agree with debi.....It ISN'T more....it's less [​IMG]

10. budda

budda Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Atlanta GA
    Think am gonna go ahead and get one and if she wants to throw a fit, just tell her it was for the best interest of the flock!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by