Soaked chickens temps dropping

Attila the Hen

Crowing
11 Years
Nov 6, 2010
Blue Ridge GA
It has been pouring all day and the chickens chose to be outside and not in the coop. They are soaked and it will drop to perhaps 30-40 F tonight. Should I try to dry them? Please advise.
THANK YOU

What breed are we talking about? Most will be just fine. It's 24 degrees here now and my girls have been out in the snow since lunch time. Mine love the rain. They only get wet on the top layer or 2, underneath where the nice warm down is it's nice and dry.

They are Buff Orpingtons just under a year old. It is in the 50s now and will go down to 29 tonight. I have 5 hens and a rooster. Should I put them in the bathroom for the night or am I overreacting. I don't think they are soaked to the skin. They had the option of shelter.
thank you so much for responding I only have a few more minutes of day light.

As long as they have a draft-free place to sleep, they'll dry out fine by morning. Mine look like wet mops after a rainy day!

They have such a layer of feathers, I'm pretty sure their skin is toasty dry. I'm in wet Oregon.....if my hens didn't go out in the rain, they'd never get out!

Back
Top Bottom