Soap lovers alert...All My Children and OLTL Canceled

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by suebee, Apr 14, 2011.

1. suebee

suebee Speaks Silkie Fluently

Apr 1, 2007
    N. Carolina
    I used to watch these shows as a kid and teen. So sad to see the soaps go. I'm a Y&R junkie, hope they don't cancel that too.
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

So far it is just a rumor. Several cast members have said it isn't true. So I guess we get to sit and wait.
  3. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

Yep, it's true. There's been a lot of speculation about it for a while, especially after the other networks have canceled the majority of their soaps, as well.

I have to say that I still watch them intermittently. The storylines for both soaps have been so colossally bad for the last 7 years that I am really surprised it has taken this long for them to be canceled. Just yesterday, I thought I'd watch and get caught up on AMC, and it's downright painful to watch. I couldn't even look. Up until recently, One Life To Live hadn't been so bad, and some parts are still really good. The crap writing started on AMC a few years back when they had a really crappy headwriter by the name of Megan McTavish, and the fans got really upset so they replaced her team with a new team that was -- hate to say it -- even worse. I think it's hard to come up with anything fresh and new anymore. Story lines that were once shocking have become commonplace & there's nothing new or exciting to give to these characters anymore.

The daytime soap opera genre as we know it is fading away and becoming a relic of the past.
  4. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    I don't watch them much anymore but I am soooo sad. [​IMG] My grandmother used to put me in my car seat on the coffee table and let me watch AMC and OLTL with her. I have literally been watching my entire life.
  5. 3chimama

3chimama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Although I haven't watched soaps forever...I have good memories of my grandma not being able to miss watching All My Children!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by