*sob!* 12 week old BANTAM Cockerel needs home! UPDATE: He IS a boy!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by arwmommy, Jul 23, 2007.

1. arwmommy

arwmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2007
    California
    ***UPDATE 8/1- Despite our vet's belief that "Eunice" is a hen (see post #3), after researching roo/hen Brahmas , and watching our "hen" who has much more comb/wattles than our other Brahmas relentlessly mount everything in sight, we have decided that she is clearly a HE!! So we are now looking for a great home for him!! Please consider taking this wonderful cockerel into your flock! Thanks*****

*~* We are in Central California *~*

I am heartbroken to find that one of our favorite girls started crowing today. ((((sigh)))). We need to find a home for HIM right away! [​IMG]

He is a hand raised, child-mauled, almost 12 week old bantam Dark Brahma (purebred). He has been fed organic right from the start and free ranges every day. We purchased him from mypetchicken.com, and he is sweet and wonderful. He always "acted" like a roo, but I was in denial because he was the one that followed me around like I was his mama. I convinced myself he was a pullet, because he didn't have any more comb development than the others--- until a few days ago-- and then the "crows" today confirmed it. UGH.

Great homes ONLY will be considered--- will be happy to discuss meeting you half way if you are driving a distance.

Here he is....

[​IMG]

He is so loving...
    [​IMG]

Beautiful green/black feathering is starting:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2007
  2. DementedHam

DementedHam Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Southern California
    How awesome. I am looking for a bantam roo. what area do you live in exactly? email me so we can figure it out.

3. arwmommy

Apr 13, 2007
    California
  4. arwmommy

Apr 13, 2007
    California
    OK, he is a boy--- *sigh*, see the top of the first post for more details!

Anyone in So. Cal????

5. DementedHam

DementedHam Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Southern California
    I'm still interested but I don't know if I will be able to go an hour away. Lets talk and we'll see what happens. He looks so awesome.

6. arwmommy

Apr 13, 2007
    California
    Demented where are you? If its only an hour I may DELIVER him in all his glory to you! I would love to see your set-up anyway! Just respond here (or email if you feel better about that!)

Remind me again about your flock? Size? Age?, any photos of your flock you care to share????? [​IMG]

7. arwmommy

Apr 13, 2007
    California
    Also, he had a mild run-in with a cat last week, but he is FINE--- really! He had 4 small punture marks (no blood) and went to the vet (almost $90) got antibiotic injections and will finish up his round of twice a day oral antibiotics tomorrow. The first day after he just hung out in the coop, but since then he has been his good old self! He was mounting the ladies today and running around giving them grapes and keeping an eye on them while they free-ranged!!

He is fine and I hesitate to even mention the cat incident, since it is so minor, but wanted to put it all out there for you!

8. LynnGrigg

LynnGrigg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Winston Salem, NC
    Isn't he cute! I sure do love our Dark Brahma bantam roo, John Robert! I'd love to get more of them. He is so even tempered and quiet. Where did you get him? Lynn

9. arwmommy

Apr 13, 2007
    California
    As it says in the message, I got him from mypetchicken.com. They were great, and we really love him a ton, but live in a development and it is just not possible [​IMG]

10. arwmommy

Apr 13, 2007
    California
    Demented,
    I emailed you! I need to know for sure if you want him because he is on CraigsList and will go fast!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by