SoCal chicken farmer starting again

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ShortCircuitRanch2332, Mar 14, 2011.

1. ShortCircuitRanch2332

ShortCircuitRanch2332 Songster

Mar 12, 2011
    Oak Hills
    Hello all so im obviously a New Egg lol I have had chickens almost all my life up till 12 years old where we moved to a new house on 2 and a half acres where the house was a "fix er up" to me when we moved in it looked like a homeless shelter and during the 7 year rebuild the last of my flock passed that was 5 years ago now the house is gorgeous DONE and i have free time so being five years without chickens i hadn't really thought about it picking up a guitar along the way i created new hobbies and my chicken enthusiasm flame buried, UNTIL I went to get propane the day before yesterday and wouldn't you know it the place i ALWAYS go was out so heading home i remember rite around the corner theres a Feed barn that sells propane so i go over there and have the propane pumped (chickens being the farthest things on my mind) so i walk in to pay and I hear this soft peep peep peep I turn to see a crate FULL of chicks and that tiny dying candle of chicken enthusiasm BLEW up like a can of gas so 1 roo and 5 hens later the roo and one hen being barred rock juveniles and the other 4 Rhode island red chicks, a chicken coop in production of being built here i am haha so HI all I'm so happy i got back into this I forgot how much i missed it and how much i love chickens lol

2. sheila3935

sheila3935 Songster

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    [​IMG] from Illinois

3. NonnasBabies

NonnasBabies Muddy Acre Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Pride, La. You'll learn lots & lots here!! [​IMG]

4. LAseramas KP

LAseramas KP Songster

Feb 7, 2011
    LA , SoCal
    That is great hope you do keep us updated I just got back into the hobby too been out for 7 years lol . This is a fun hobby and always something new to learn

5. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Crowing

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    [​IMG] from Missouri [​IMG]

6. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia, Ca and [​IMG]

7. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick