SoCAL RESIDENTS - Post Fire updates if you know what's up

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by debilorrah, Nov 15, 2008.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

So far, I see that there is a huge fire in Anaheim Hills, close to CarriBrown. San Fernando valley - I don't know how many homes lost and I don't know the state of the Tea fire in Montecito either.

2. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

12-15+ homes in my area, 120+ in Montecito and 600+ in the valley. The valley fire was an arson. I don't think any of them are contained.

3. debilorrah

TV seems to be focused on the one near you because an apartment building with 50 units is burning to the ground.

4. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I saw that and got worried to all you SoCa folks. Please be careful

5. debilorrah

Carri is closest and it is a bad one. 1000 acres burned since this afternoon and 30 homes destroyed or damaged.

6. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I saw that on yahoo. I almost made pudding watching the youtube vids. I did not get to drive today [​IMG]. Tomorrow I am going and we have to push back the drving test. We have to get the car fixed

7. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Quote:Really? Right next to the golf course I bet. Yep, the fire jumped the 91 and is headed toward Anaheim Hills. Multi-million dollar homes going up in smoke and the winds aren't stopping. Thankfully it's headed away from me but I just feel awful for all of those people losing their homes today. [​IMG]

8. debilorrah

265 homes so far in Anaheim Hills, and there is a fire burning in Yorba Linda that has destroyed homes and Brea too. this is so sad.

9. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I tried to call Nyis but no answer. Everyone in SoCA will be in my prayers tonight

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  10. debilorrah

She is in Pomona, Steve. A bit away from these fires, not in danger, and neither am I, but I grew up in the area where they are burning and it is sad.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by