SoCalers Knotts Chickens?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by RedneckRedhead, Jan 17, 2015.

1. RedneckRedhead

RedneckRedhead Out Of The Brooder

Oct 20, 2013
    Do an SoCal locals know anything about the chickens roaming the parking lots at Knotts Berry Farm? They appear healthy, but we're concerned by what guest were feeding them. Does Knotts claim them, or are they strays? Admins please move my post if it is in the wrong area.

2. Yermite

Yermite Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2014
    California (high desert)
    What a trip! Were in the high dessert are and w plan on going to Knits on Monday. I'll have to keep an eye out for the chickens you speak of! What needs and how many?

3. RedneckRedhead

Oct 20, 2013
    We are going to talk to someone on our way out tonight. My son wants to take them home with us lol :).

4. RedneckRedhead

Oct 20, 2013
    I talked to the powers who be at Knotts. The chickens do not belong to anyone. I was told that the parking lot they roam in belongs to the city of Beuna Park. I was also told that Knotts pays to feed the chickens. I am going to put a call into the city and find out more information. They chickens seem healthy and happy. They rooster in the cactus, so people are not going to mess with them while they sleep.

5. Yermite

Yermite Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2014
    California (high desert)
    hahaha!! They looked pretty rough, plucked tail feathers and all. Friendly, nonetheless. I wanted to bring them home, too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by