Social Security says 'No rise in the cost of living in 2009'

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Camelot Farms, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

[​IMG]

Are they serious?

I just got the DS's Social Security check from their biological father who is disabled, along with a statement that says 'Based on the Consumer Price Index published by the Department of Labor, there was no rise in the cost of living during the past year, so your benefit will remain the same in in 2010'.

Apparently the CPI folks dont get their groceries or fuel or electricity at any of the same places I do....

No increase in the cost of living? [​IMG] and [​IMG]

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Yep, and mine is not going up either. Maybe next year!

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Also, Public Aid or food stamps will not help us out either, simply because we "make too much" money. Thank God I dont have credit cards! $21,000 a year is what both mine and hubby's income for the year.

4. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    They have other more important things to fund..like huge parties at the White House, fly bys of NY city, vacations to Paris...etc etc. [​IMG]

5. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:We made a whole 20K ourselves this year...while raising 2 kids. I feel your pain!!

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I think alot of the SS money is due to the fact that there are so many unemployed folks and not very much going into SS. Now if the gov't quit dipping their hands into SS, we would not be in this mess.

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Quote:We made a whole 20K ourselves this year...while raising 2 kids. I feel your pain!!

whoa! two kids!!!!!! I only have a 5 year old dd but we ended up going to food pantries which they have alot of boxed or canned goods but not enough meat, milk and eggs. That is when we really need the food stamps for. Not much we can do about that, huh?

8. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    If they would quit a lot of stuff we would not be in this mess. And to be fair...it's both sides, it's just SO easy to pick on the stupid things our not so politically savvy president has done [​IMG] I have to amused myself somehow [​IMG]

9. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN

whoa! two kids!!!!!! I only have a 5 year old dd but we ended up going to food pantries which they have alot of boxed or canned goods but not enough meat, milk and eggs. That is when we really need the food stamps for. Not much we can do about that, huh?

Ya know there is a billion ways to cook beans rice and chicken [​IMG]

10. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    navy beans, chili beans but need the chicken LOL!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by