Soffits & Hardware cloth

sab

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 28, 2010
Ripley, WV
In the process of building "the" coop. Hubby is putting up soffits. It's a lean to style coop. 10 ft. in the front sloping to 8 ft. in the back. Will the soffits be enough protection against outside critters? I was stapling up screening on the inside tonight up high on the 10 ft side and it is really hard to get around those roofing 2x4s and staple that. I figure I need that to keep flies/bees/bugs down. But do I really need to add hardware cloth on the inside of those rafters too??

Thanks in advance!

Is there a chance for pictures? I put in soffits on my coop. I used regular soffit that I had left over from my house. It is vented all the way across. It is soffited front and back. I added a pic so you can see what I did (I reinforced the chicken wire on the front window by the way. The chicken wire was just a temp job).
82350_2011_0508randomness0010.jpg

Last edited:
I'll take a picture tomorrow.
There is soffit both in the front and in the back - or there will be. Right now it's only in the back. It's a high coop. The soffit has ventilation holes in it. There should be no draft on the birds except what might pull from the pop door upward. There are windows of course. I'll get a picture tomorrow.
Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom