Soft cell CBBQ eggs

ludwigvan

Hatching
7 Years
Sep 27, 2012
Hello. My little chinese painted girl made her first egg today. it was all white and the cell was very soft. Is this normal?

Most new hens will lay a practice egg to get the production system calibrated. So, yes your hen is normal.

Jim

sometimes the first ones are not hard shelled. be sure she is getting extra oyster shell or another form of calcium to help make nice hard shells, even finely ground chicken egg is great, shell and all.. good luck

oh, i see! thank's.

grandmabird remember me? i'm the one with the hunchback male and the female with the injured leg. Both my birds fully recovered on their own!! they seem very happy and active! :)

good to hear about your other birds. These little guys grow on you don't they? My female is getting so she runs to me every morning and especially at snack time, she see the red dish I use for her goodies, which is usually greens or hard cooked egg. The male has never been afraid of me he will just stand there and let me do whatever it is I am up to he really doesn't care! Silly birds!

Back
Top Bottom