Soft Goat Cheese

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Jen4, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    I just got 2 Kinder Dairy Goats 1 week & 3 days ago, started milkin over the weekend, I've gotten 3.5 quarts. Makin a soft goats cheese right now. I'll post a blog on it later. If you have a recipe you'd like to share please do so... Thank you.

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    You just got yourself the best breed out there! [​IMG] I've had a good handful of different goat breeds, but nothing beats the Kinder. [​IMG]

I hope it goes well though. My favorite thing to do was mix some Chevre with freshly picked chives, ground garlic, and onion powder or fresh Shallots.

I would also enjoy making Cheddar, Cottage, and Monterrey Jack cheese. (and of course Kefir and Yogurt)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  3. Jen4

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Quote:Thank You... they are sweet girls. This was my 1st time drinkin goats milk too. Boy do I have alot to learn [​IMG]

4. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Oh jealous! Totally LOVE goat's cheese.

I like a pizza with goat's cheese, sundried tomatoes, kalamata olives & basil! YUM

5. Jen4

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Quote:We really should live by each other, lol.

6. caspernc

caspernc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    What about the nigerian drarf? They are supposed too have the higher milk fat.

7. erinchelsea

erinchelsea Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2010
    Webster City, IA
    *drool*

What do you think of the milk? I've bought goat's milk at the store and it was okay but wondering how fresh would taste.

8. Jen4

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Quote:I like it... to me it just taste like milk [​IMG] My husband tried it this morning for the 1st time & he likes it. Then I have my sisters kids here & I ticked the 2 youngest (5 & 4) this morning they thought they were drinkin store bought milk... really it was goat milk, they drunk it right up, lol. After they were done, I asked em if they liked their milk both said yes. Then I told em it was goats milk, [​IMG]

9. Jen4

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
  10. erinchelsea

erinchelsea Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2010
    Webster City, IA
    That looks SO good! I NEED to get some goats. [​IMG] Read your blog and I had to LOL at the pic of your kids in the back of the van with the goats!!! I bet that was a fun trip.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by