Soft shelled egg out of the nesting box

Sep 27, 2020
Northern California
I found this under my roosts. it was soft shelled but otherwise normal. This chicken has been laying for about 2 months and is other wise normal. Because it was not as far back in the roosts, it seems like she might of laid there because the rest of the nesting boxes were taken. Or she laid it last night. Anyway, i’m guessing she’s fine but has this happened to you?

Attachments

• 27A1B487-EA99-4C46-A3A7-4510A78ADEC3.jpeg
    27A1B487-EA99-4C46-A3A7-4510A78ADEC3.jpeg
    536.6 KB · Views: 34
Help! Last night she laid another egg just like that. What should I do? Is this some sort of condition. I feel really silly but I love my girls so much and I want to make sure they’re ok. Should I make sure she has oyster shells? Ask our vet?

Help! Last night she laid another egg just like that. What should I do? Is this some sort of condition. I feel really silly but I love my girls so much and I want to make sure they’re ok. Should I make sure she has oyster shells? Ask our vet?
Don't panic.
What all and how exactly are you feeding?
Have they been eating the oyster shell, how are you providing them?

Don't panic.
What all and how exactly are you feeding?
Have they been eating the oyster shell, how are you providing them?
I’ve been giving them organic layer feed they have free access to. For treats they get mealworms or sunflower seeds 3x a week. I give them a little less than 1 tbsp each. The other days they either don’t get any treats or greens. They have oyster shells in a dispenser and I don’t really notice this particular chicken having them, but I’m going to mix it in with some treats to make sure she has some,

Back
Top Bottom