softbills

Discussion in 'Ornamental Fowl (Swans, etc.)' started by aldren90, Dec 22, 2010.

1. aldren90

aldren90 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2010
    Florida
    [​IMG] does anyone know of a pretty easy softbill to start off with if got a brown grackle [​IMG] and pheasants and parrots and quail and ducks and geese and suff [​IMG] but i am talking about like rare not he average stuff you find at a regular birdies house [​IMG] kinda stuff like turacos and plantain eaters and stuff [​IMG] but what besides them is pretty easy to do because i like the rarer stuff i am fascinated with them [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. destinduck

destinduck obsessed with "ducks"

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    There is a reason why they are rare always. I suggest you dicide on what bird you want first. Then see the requirements for that species. Talk with people that own and sell those birds and be prepared with your wallet as well. Knowledge is power.

3. Muscovies

Muscovies Chillin' With My Peeps

What are Softbills?

4. aldren90

Nov 11, 2010
    Florida
    mostly tropical birds mostly fruit or carnivorius birds also some grain eaters not many though

5. Dr. Todd

Dr. Todd Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    Obviously this kid doesn't want knowledge, just rare birds and more emoticons. [​IMG]

DT

6. Terri O

Terri O Chillin' With My Peeps

Dr. Todd :

Obviously this kid doesn't want knowledge, just rare birds and more emoticons. [​IMG]

DT

[​IMG]
    Sorry--I couldnt resist! Hoiw about a Mynah? You could get a Lorikeet...they are gorgeous! Terri O​

7. aldren90

Nov 11, 2010
    Florida
    Haha that's a good one mynahs are cool lorikeets seem like a lot of work with the nectar but I can handle the fruit vitamins and meat etc. But I was also interested in turacos a lot which in the spring I may get them I got around 500 dollars for Christmas so I can get a ton but I am not certain about what to get yet how much do mynahs run around 300

8. spectrumranch

spectrumranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Was that a misprint- if your buying a ton of softbills or turacos- I think you need another zero on that $500. Then you can get a few pounds.

9. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

If you're looking for a heavy weight you could get one of these...... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. aldren90

Nov 11, 2010
    Florida
    No ment more common birds like pheasants quail ducks etc not softballs but not those chicken zoo [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by