Solar Powered Coop- Great Article!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by nancypo, Nov 23, 2011.

1. nancypo

nancypo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Boise
    My Coop
  2. off-grid hen

off-grid hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Thanks for this article! I wish I had read it 6 months ago before I built the coop! I havent checked the prices on the equipment links. I'm almost afraid to click! [​IMG] I would like to add something like this later. The modular nature of these systems make it so you can add a bit at a time. Now if someone would mass-produce a DC low wattage heated Water bowl, I'd be all set!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  3. nancypo

nancypo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Boise
    My Coop
    You could plrobably get some of this used too, or barter. The only thing I beg to differ with the article- with a city lot and urban coop, as we have, if you can't walk out that far to check on your birds, you must have broken legs, IMO. For their health and safety, everyone should check their coop daily. That's how you can keep an eye out for ill or injured birds, and predators. I found a loosened area of our hardware cloth, and realized a cat was out there at night, head butting it to get in. I tightened it up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by