Solar Powered Silkies!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by cyanne, Jun 24, 2008.

1. cyanne

cyanne Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Does anyone else out there have these?

I recently bought 6 silkies that are about 6 wks old, and they have some of the goofiest behavior!

One of the weirdest things they do is to standing near the window of the coop in the sunbeams and EAT SUNSHINE. [​IMG]

They can see the little motes of dust floating around in the sunbeams, and I guess they must think they are little flying bugs or something because they just stand there half the day trying to eat them![​IMG]

They are the only chicks that I have who do this, and they spend quite a bit of time at it. I told my DH that I hope they don't starve themselves to death because they are too busy eating imaginary bugs to get any real food... he says not to worry, that they'll probably get huge and fat from eating so much sunshine! [​IMG]

2. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    [​IMG] That is pretty funny.

-Kim

3. flakey chick

flakey chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    Florida
    You really should try to get some video of that.

4. normajean

normajean Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Howell, MI
    How funny! My little terrorist infiltrators (thanks beef) are only 5 days old today and they really do have different temperaments and quirks than the other chicks I have raised.
    You MUST try to get a good video of them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by