Solar powered water heater?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Chickmama74, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Chickmama74

Chickmama74 Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2012
    Virginia
    I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a commercialy made solar powered water heater. And if there is where can I get one? With temps dipping in to the below 0 mark every night I have to go out and water the chicken two times a day. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a commercialy made solar powered water heater. And if there is where can I get one? With temps dipping in to the below 0 mark every night I have to go out and water the chicken two times a day. NI was wondering if anyone knows if there is a commercialy made solar powered water heater. And if there is where can I get one? With temps dipping in to the below 0 mark every night I have to go out and water the chicken two times a day.

2. kazoo1111

kazoo1111 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2013
    WOW!!!! That is some BIG font!!!! Have you tried to look on Amazon or Tractor supply co under heated dog bowls? I know they sell solar powered ones.

3. cstronks

cstronks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2013
    New Jersey
    I don't believe there is a specific chicken model for a solar powered water heater. It would be very expensive if there was I'm guessing. You can try and construct one, but it would probably be more expensive and not very efficient on space. Maybe something will turn up though?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by