Solar Powered Water Pumps. Anyone with experience?

humblehillsfarm

Crazy chicken lady
Mar 27, 2020
Southwestern Pennsylvania
My Coop
My Coop
I know this is a longshot, but I was wondering if any of my fellow homesteaders on here have experience with solar powered water pumps? My home has city water which is terrible water. Next to one of my gardens is a well. It's about 37' deep with 12' to go from the surface to reach the water. I would love to install a solar powered pump, but Google has me feeling overwhelmed. There's options for wells that are monstrously deep, and the pumps are up in the 3k range. Given the depth of my well, and the fact that we aren't pumping enough for the house, I imagine there's bound to be more affordable options.

I know this is a longshot, but I was wondering if any of my fellow homesteaders on here have experience with solar powered water pumps? My home has city water which is terrible water. Next to one of my gardens is a well. It's about 37' deep with 12' to go from the surface to reach the water. I would love to install a solar powered pump, but Google has me feeling overwhelmed. There's options for wells that are monstrously deep, and the pumps are up in the 3k range. Given the depth of my well, and the fact that we aren't pumping enough for the house, I imagine there's bound to be more affordable options.
My wife’s family is in the well business. I figure you are right about the overkill of those pumps. I figure you might could get away with something similar to this granted I cannot vouch for quality or anything like that but 3.2 Gpm should supply your garden with water just fine would suck for a home but just to fill tanks and run a hose should be fine a little slow but fine. And I think it said a maximum depth of 250 feet so should reach your water level no problem

E5351D56-E231-4F70-A896-ED74DFEA2153.png

Back
Top Bottom