solar shed light from Harbor Freight

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by remist17, Nov 29, 2011.

1. remist17

remist17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    how would I hook a timer up to this? I thought about it for sometime. I am not electrically smart, but I will do what I need to do.

Any suggestions for me

2. carolinasculpture

carolinasculpture Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2010
    I am also interested...hope you get some good responses!

3. Hodawg

Hodawg Chillin' With My Peeps

Link to the light?

Beers y'all,
    Ken

4. hemet dennis

hemet dennis Chillin' With My Peeps

does it plug it or is it battery ??[​IMG]

5. gardendufus

gardendufus Chillin' With My Peeps

I am also interested in whether this can be done. And also a good follower of instructions, but a poor idea guy. New to BYC and loving the hundreds of hours I have already been in the Forum. And I'm still in the planning my coop stage. Oh sheesh what will it be like once I actually have hens? HEHEHHE

Here's the link to the light:

harborfreight.com/solar-shed-light-95573.html

Well for some reason they won't let new members post a URL, but I'm sure ya'll can add a "w" or three somewhere useful.

6. hemet dennis

hemet dennis Chillin' With My Peeps

All you need to do is take the wires from the pull switch run them to a battery powered timer let me know if you need more ?

7. TrystInn

TrystInn Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2009
    Southern Arizona
    I'd be very cautious with this product, the reviews are horrid!

8. ThinkingChickens

ThinkingChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
    Our neighbor had this same product and it smoked and seemed to catch fire. I've read the reviews also and was leery. Sad because it's a cool idea.

9. moetrout

moetrout Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Milan, MI
    How much light are you looking for? I use 2 of those solar walkway lights (at $3.88 each!) and they add just enough light for me to pop in and do a head count at night. They are not so bright that they affect egg laying. I originally go them because my chickens would not go in by themselves. Then I figured out that it was basically dark and scary in the coup. By adding the 2 little led lights it was enough to coax them in at night and on to the roost.

10. remist17

remist17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    I am just trying to put light in the barn that has no electricity. If another idea is better that will work thats great.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by