Sold All My Breeder Peafowl

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by Choctaw Valley Farm, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Choctaw Valley Farm

Choctaw Valley Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Just sold almost all my breeder Peafowl, I will only be keeping 14 birds. Trio of Bronze, Trio of 7/8 Spalding Pieds, Pair of Opal White Eyes, Pair of Purple Pied White Eyes and also our very first Breeder Quad. We have decided to raise our Rare Heritage Poultry, Luckily, I know how to do that [​IMG] .

You guys have a GOOD ONE and HAPPY HATCHING [​IMG] .

Steve

2. NateinFL

NateinFL Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Wesley Chapel FL
    Only keeping 14, may I ask how many you started out with??

3. Choctaw Valley Farm

Jan 16, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Well, at one time we had over 50 breeders and over 400 young, I just sold all my Muticus type birds and we are just keeping the ones we like I wish we would have hatched some Bronze eyes then I would have kept some of those also.

Steve

4. texascowboy1979

texascowboy1979 Chillin' With My Peeps

If you ever sell your 7/8 pied trio.. please keep me in mind... thanks..

5. Choctaw Valley Farm

Jan 16, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Quote:Sorry, those guys will die on the farm they're a little on the CRAZY side but they are my favorite ones.

Steve

6. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

AWWWWWWWWWWWW, sorry in a way you cut back...but at least we have your knowledge on here to help us figure out stuff. [​IMG] I think I would have kept the peafowl - chickens eat a whole lot more ..... [​IMG]

7. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Wow ,thought you were selling out. You still hosting the UPA Convention ?

I sell alot of my breeders every June...Was up to a hundred last year.....60+ this year. Easy to do with all the colors and patterns.

Glad to hear your not selling all your breeders..think I need to cut down also

8. Choctaw Valley Farm

Jan 16, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Quote:Well, You know its bad when you can sell a Chicken for the same price as a Peafowl (here $20.00 to $30.00 for yearlings is all they want to pay for Peafowl) so I can take 20 or 30 chickens to an auction we have here sell them for $15.00 to $20.00 ea and pay my feed bill with extra. There's so many folks out there raising and selling Peafowl that its about time to do something else. (I don't have much knowledge to offer [​IMG])

Steve

9. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I think you need to move to Florida.............. there are not many good peafowl breeders here..... [​IMG]

10. Choctaw Valley Farm

Jan 16, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Quote:We are still having the Convention if the UPA don't go broke before then [​IMG], We only had Trios or pairs in the colors we raised. We are just keeping the ones we like, that will give me 5 pens instead of 20 pens.

Some people come to the Convention to see new and different birds, so you would have to Brad Leggs to all the new stuff we just have your every day run of the mill Peafowl now we do have Chickens imported from Australia [​IMG].

Steve

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by