1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

SOLD-Ameraucanas/Marans/Faverolles heavy pics added

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by pasofinofarm, Oct 28, 2008.

1. pasofinofarm

pasofinofarm NONESUCH FARM CONROE TX

Mar 22, 2007
    Near Houston, TX
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We have had a lot of requests recently from BYCer's to add them to our 'list' for spring hatching eggs.

This is just a reminder that spring starts early in southeast Texas but be sure to watch temps where you are at. Frozen eggs are no fun to incubate!

This year we will be offering Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas, these are beautiful birds that can trace their heritage back to Cree and Smith lines but have been bred for a heavier body and more hardiness. Egg color is the robin blue that is so sought after.

Salmon/Blue Salmon Faverolles lovingly bred up from birds that were gathered localy. Of course one of our local folks has some of the nicest birds in the country and.... well not all localy we did get two hens from the Pontius line last year but incorporated them into our breeding program. Covered by a heart-stoppingly beautiful rooster these hens lay wonderful large eggs with very high fertility and hatch rates.

Golden Cuckoo Marans which have come out with nicer and more consistant feather color than I ever imagined in just a couple of generations. Egg color is still being perfected and to be determined from the F3 pullets but the rooster over these girls came from a 7-8 egg on the Marans egg chart so I am hoping that the next generation will have even better egg color althuogh at this point it is pretty good.

I don't like the whole idea of taking money for something I don't actually have yet. So.... just drop me an e-mail letting me know about when the weather will be warm in your area and I will save it in my 'chicken stuff' folder with the month. Then as we have eggs I will drop you a note to see if you are interested... no stirngs attached as I will be hatching anything I don't sell:D

This years replacement layers are much nicer than any birds we have had before and new pictures are in order. Those of you who got eggs last year should be seeing some of these beauties too so if you have recent pics post 'em!

Be Blessed,
    Melissa

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  2. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    well If I have a broody and you have some fav's I will defenetly contact you as I have no bator I can not garentee I will be able to buy from you.

Henry

3. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    I have sent you a PM.

4. pasofinofarm

pasofinofarm NONESUCH FARM CONROE TX

Mar 22, 2007
    Near Houston, TX
    Henry,

Broody hens ARE the best incubators!

5. RedStickLA

RedStickLA Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Hi Melissa...
    I sent you an email.
    [​IMG] Mitzi

6. tfpets

tfpets Mmm, tastes like chicken

[​IMG]
    I sent you an email/question too!
    Tina/tfpets

7. ChooksinIowa

ChooksinIowa Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2008
    Van Meter, Iowa
    I have an interest in faverolle eggs for May!

8. Marthab53

Marthab53 New Egg

Jul 5, 2008
    Melissa,

I sent you an e-mail.

Thanks,

Martha

I would be interested in the Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas, and also the Salmon/Blue Salmon Faverolles. I did not state the Salmon/Blue Salmon Faverolles in the e-mail, but would also like them.

9. apbgv

apbgv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    Sent a PM.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    say what Chickenbutt. These are from the eggs I got this past spring .

10. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:I know I can't wait to have my first broody hatch for me ! I have several very broody breeds of chicken

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by