Sold as an Amerecauna, likely an Easter Egger, but flouting every norm

rachelrenee1

Songster
5 Years
Apr 30, 2014
Utah

Her tiny emerging comb does NOT seem to be a pea comb. Probably a single. Very pink legs. She looks different than other EEs I have had.

Is she still an EE, or a mix up? The local hatchery had a few different chicks in the bin. Her white sister is obviously an EE or Amerecauna with slate legs and the likely beginning of a pea comb, plus some great muffs.

Last edited:
I agree, I don't see anything that says EE there. single comb and pink skin would lend itself to Sussex. Leg color is kind of variable in littles, though, they can look pink but turn yellow.

Love the muffs on the white chick! She's going to be a beauty
smile.png

Thanks for the guidance on where to look next.
2764.png
. I'm excited to see the white chick grow. Her plumage and muffs are so promising. Just adorable. And a fantastic temperament. Little red girl is a bit fiestier. But fun and interested in the kids. So, she's a fun little mystery too.

I hatched a little mixed white EE last year, with the slate legs and huge beard and muffs, so fluffy I was concerned she wouldn't be able to see well
tongue.png
. She did just fine, though. I sold her due to lack of pen space, but I still kind of regret it, she was sure a cutie.

EEs are great birds. We're branching out with a few other breeds this time, but I'm never able to resist getting at least one.

No idea on breed, but wanted to comment and say you've got quite the talent for photography. Lovely images.

In the interest of keeping this as informative as possible (since I know others probably silently research by reading old threads like I do), I thought I would come back and say she ended up being a HE and a Welsummer.

Back
Top Bottom