Sold - Auction Has Ended - Barnevelder Hatching Eggs 7+

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by corancher, Oct 31, 2009.

1. corancher

corancher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    This auction is for 7+ whatever they lay remaining today & tomorrow. The seven eggs are from yesterday & today. Eggs will ship on Monday. This is a paypal only auction and must be paid for by 9:00pm Mountain Time Sunday. Paypal to [email protected].

I will be glad to answer any questions.

This picture is a comparison between the Barnevelder eggs & Java eggs. The eggs is the picture are from the eggs mailed last week. The current eggs are about the same in color.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  2. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2007
    Washington State
    Hi,

I have a few questions and I'll try to be short and to the point:

1) Which are the Barnie eggs below?
    2) Where did you get your Barnies from?
    3) How long have you been breeding them?
    4) Can you tell me (us) a little bit about your breeding program? For example, what does it consist of? How do you go about it? What, if anything, are your goals and what are you striving for?
    5) Have you shown your birds, and if so, how have they done? Do you know if any of your egg customers have ever shown their birds, if so, have they ever won anything?
    6) Can you provide a close up picture(s) of the parents and can you provide a close up picture(s) of a representative egg?
    7) Have you experienced any problems with Mareks, Lymphoid Leucosis (LL), MG (in particular), or any other disease that could be transmitted through the egg or genetics?
    8) Do you offer any kind of guarantee regarding fertility and/or the packaging so eggs arrive intact?
    9) Do your hens all lay the darker brown eggs that are relatively the same in color?
    10) Is there anything else you can tell me that maybe I should know or shouldÂ’ve asked?

Thanks In Advance.

God Bless,

3. corancher

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    Tailfeathers

Let's see I have been raising Barnevelders long enough for you to forget that you have asked at least twice before most of the questions posted here.

Original stock came from Ideal and I have added stock from various private breeders. I do not show any of our birds and am not aware of anyone that has purchased our eggs that has shown them. As I told you before, I do not advertise our birds as show quality, however that is not to say that they are not very nice birds. We try to breed toward to Standards on all our birds. We have no known disease in our flock. We try to do the best possible in checking fertility and packing eggs so our customers gets a good hatch, however I will not guarantee that you will get any chicks to hatch. There are way to many things that can go wrong with the postal service and the incubation process once the eggs arrive. I do keep in touch with our customers and have offered replacement eggs for various reasons in the past.

BYW - I see that you have brought yourself to call them Barnies. I hope that I have answered your questions.

The eggs pictured below are the eggs that are offered in this auction. We have gotten 4 eggs the last two days and whatever they lay today will be included.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Ooopsy_daisy

Ooopsy_daisy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2009
    Dryden, Michigan
    Corancher: Not to worry, I see TailFeathers "same" questions asked on just about every set of hatching eggs that are posted here. Its a copy n paste question. Check other auctions and you'll see the same post, over and over.

Your birds are very nice!

5. corancher

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    Ooopsy_daisy

Yes. I have seen it several times myself. Thank you.

6. alicefelldown

alicefelldown Looking for a broody

Aug 18, 2008
    Quote:I don't see anything wrong in asking those questions - I try to find out the same answers myself before purchasing eggs - it's good information to know that I wish was posted by sellers more often [​IMG]

7. corancher

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    Quote:I don't see anything wrong in asking those questions - I try to find out the same answers myself before purchasing eggs - it's good information to know that I wish was posted by sellers more often [​IMG]

It is not the questions asked as I have no problem answering them. It is the same questions asked by the same person time and time again on the same breed.

8. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2007
    Washington State
    Quote:Thanks for the reply but I could've done without the sarcasm. There are an awful lot of folks on BYC and I hope you'll forgive me for not remembering you out of all the others. I did not remember that I had asked you those questions before. I'll make a mental note now not to bother asking anymore in the future.

Quote:Actually, that's not even close to the truth. I did not "cut & paste" those questions. You and/or Corancher can certainly do a search and look for yourself. I'm guessing that you won't find more than 3-4 instances at the most. However, truth be told, as I was thinking about what questions to ask, the thought did occur to me to make a complete list this time so that I can cut & paste them in the future.

It's too bad that y'all have a problem with providing customer service. Maybe if more folks on here asked better questions BEFORE they bought something, you wouldn't see the disappointment and complaints on BYC that you do.

For the record, I raise, breed, and show Ameraucanas, Barnevelders, and Welsummers. And for the record, the ONLY time I ask those sort of questions is when I am seriously contemplating on buying whatever is being sold. I don't make it a habit of arbitrarily posting those questions. It is however too bad that more folks on here don't make it a habit of providing that information without even being asked.

Anyone remotely familiar with my birds, where they came from, how I raise them, and how I sell hatching eggs, knows that I am VERY particular about what I bring into my flock. All you have done by your remarks is to let anyone else like me, who is particular about what they get, know not to even bother asking you a question.

Hopefully you'll think about that before you decide to slam somebody for asking legitimate questions in the future.

God Bless,

9. srsmith69

srsmith69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Can you really end a post like the last with "God Bless"? Is that a swear? Or a blessing. I've heard it both ways, it just depends on the inflection and how it is received.

I see all good questions being asked on this site. If I was in the market for show quality birds I'd want to know the answers. I also understand the frustration of answering the same questions over and again. A little understanding and patience goes a long way.

To quote Tiny Tim, "God bless us, everyone".

10. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Those are good questions to ask I am certain of it and I would ask likewise! Even it is tiring to answer the same question, you can still copy and paste the answers to it. Not all of us can remember everything and have a memory lapse.

As for God Bless, that is just his signature and I would not worry about it if it is on every post of his. You can either take it seriously or ignore it, your choice!

As for the Barnies, I thought their egg colors would be a little darker than the Welsummers but a shade lighter than the Marans. I am certain I am wrong here somewhere!

Beautiful colors!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by