***SOLD *** Black Copper Marans Cockerels - TN

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Jenski, May 6, 2009.

1. Jenski

Jenski Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    *** 5/14 - BOTH BLACK COPPER MARANS COCKERELS HAVE FOUND A NEW HOME. THANKS SO MUCH TO ALL WHO INQUIRED! *****

I have two gorgeous, intelligent, friendly Black Copper Marans cockerels available. Both from Wade Jeane C-1 eggs, both French style (feather-legged), both around 10 weeks old, feathered and able to live outside (though they have not grown their mature rooster plumage). Great for leading your BCM flock, or even protecting your mixed layer flock or free rangers!

[​IMG]
    Cockerel #1 - Nicholas

COCKEREL #1 - heavily coppered, dominant personality, flock protector and strong fellow. Would be an excellent leader of a free-range flock or any group with plenty of room. He is already herding "his" pullets around and guarding them from birds, jet planes, and anything else he thinks is dangerous. He is very much an Alpha roo, which my DH and I highly respect and appreciate as a flock guardian.

COCKEREL #2 - Clutch mate to #1, different fathers, not sure if they share mother. This boy is just enormous and less coppered (more standard color) than the first one. The two boys would work well together for a flock with room to roam, since this boy is a good, kind leader but not an Alpha cockerel. (will try to post pic tonight)

I will sell them separately or together as the situation warrants.

Both boys have been hand raised and hand-fed, so they appreciate human contact. With any rooster, I do not recommend them for interaction with small children or folks who are afraid of them. They will be great flock guardians and friends to an adult, and they will add excellent egg color to a breeding program. These boys will be magnificent adults.

I am very fond of these boys, and I want them to go to a good home with plenty of space, fresh food and water, and protection from the elements, especially in winter. Unfortunately I am much better at hatching roosters than hens, so I do not have any pullets available to go with them.

$10 per cockerel, will work out discount for both going together. Paypal preferred, will take cash as well. Pickup in Mount Juliet, possibly could meet you within 30 minutes of my location. Please post "SOLD" here and PM or e-mail me.

Thank you for looking!

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  2. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    I know you can ship chicks but can ones that big be shipped?

3. Jenski

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    I prefer not to ship live birds. Sorry!

Why don't you come on up to Mid-TN? Beautiful country . . . [​IMG]

4. birdkeeper

birdkeeper New Egg

Jan 22, 2009
    Dont know how you can sell them for ten dollors. I paid fifteen per egg. Then only two girls hatched. However I am in Lexington and I am not sure how long a drive this would be.

5. Jenski

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    Quote:I never was good at money handling, LOL! This has been a labor of love, not a business, and I'm not going to be selling hatching eggs or anything. Too many other projects going on.

I must say, though, that of all the chicks I hatched this spring, the Marans have been the most fun. They have delightful, gently playful personalities, and they have lovely, elegant little faces that I just adore.

You might Mapquest Mount Juliet if you're interested. Just let me know. Thanks for looking! [​IMG]

6. Jenski

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    Hi, and thanks for all the inquiries! While several have asked about these boys, no one has picked them up yet so they are still available. Here's a pic I took yesterday of cockerel #2. He's a big boy, calm and sweet:

[​IMG]

And here is a pic the breeder kindly sent of this cockerel's father:

[​IMG]

Hope I didn't miss any replies. I will check my PMs again. Thanks for looking!

Chicks_N_Horses, your inbox is full! [​IMG] I have a PM for you when you get a chance. Thanks!
    birdkeeper, I sent you a PM as well. Thank you!

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  7. birdkeeper

birdkeeper New Egg

Jan 22, 2009
    Sorry about not replying to your im we had a tornado here. Just lost a retaining wall, nothing like some. However sent for a bunch of chicks so will sit it out and see how/if we have a roo in them. Thanks again for your reply.

8. Jenski

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    Quote:Holy smokes, I had no idea it was like that up in KY lately! Hope you and yours are all safe. "Stuff" can be replaced.

Thanks for keeping in touch, and I wish you a bit of my luck with roosters! [​IMG]

9. Jenski

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    East Tennessee folks, I will be in the Maryville area this Saturday, May 16. I could meet you in Lenoir City around 10:30-11 Eastern for pickup, as I'm meeting someone else for other birds as well. Thanks!

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  10. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Hi Jen! The boys are looking most handsome! [​IMG]
    I am sure someone will come along and scoop up two fine looking fellows like them before you know it [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by