*SOLD*Blue-eyed Nigerian dwarf whether in Maine *SOLD*

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Frozen Feathers, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Hey all I am offering Jack, my 6 month old blue-eyed Nigerian dwarf whether who's de-horned, for sale. He's cute, he's friendly, great with kids and chickens. Just will not stay in the fence and I'm afraid he's going to be hit by a car! I am asking $100 for him, obviously pick-up only.

I know it's a shot in the dark but...If at all possible I would trade him towards a good kids pony under 13h. Would need a payment plan, though. Really just want something I can groom, walk and care for and occasionally give DD rides on. I do have 12 acres of pasture woods and trails would like bigger horses but my barn well pump is broken and I'm not hauling water out that far! Pony would stay with my sweet Nigerian dwarf doe for companionship. Just something that can't jump a 4 1/2 foot page wire and board fence!
    Jack is the dark one on the right and this is the shelter a pony would share with Mary.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2007
  2. froggy

froggy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    dickson,tennessee
    wow if i was closer i would take him

3. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    he is realy nice wish I could get a goat now.

4. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    AWWWWWWWWW!!!!! I had a little goat named Moose but he died of parasite overload. (wouldn't you know, I had him at the vet the day before he died and they said he was fine [​IMG] [​IMG]) He was a lap goat, meaning he would get on the couch and go to sleep with me. Anyways if you were closer I would gladly take him.

5. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    I really do hate to have to sell him, but I live on the main, busy road and he was out at the edge of my driveway today!!
    [​IMG]
    He's a big lap baby, too and was a bottle baby. He walks on lead and comes when called.

I've already heightened my fence, twice and it can't go any higher. I've also tied them together and that worked for a while until he nearly choked him and her trying to jump out. Why he wants out, I don't know. I clip brush for them everyday, play with them, made them a play area, they get treats...etc. I'm just at my wits end! [​IMG]

Mary doesn't seem to miss him when he's gone, otherwise I'm sure I'd notice when he was out sooner from her blatting her head off, but she doesn't care I guess, because she doesn't say a single baa when he's out. I hate to have a single goat, but if he gets hit by a car, she's going to be alone anyway! I will certianly find a companion for her, either a pony or a sheep or llama. Something that won't jump out!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by