***SOLD*** Blue laced red Wyan & red cochin pullet for sale

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by alabama girl, May 6, 2008.

1. alabama girl

alabama girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Auburn, Al
    This is Tulip, I drove to TN for her, ([​IMG]) she belongs to a true blood line but unfortunately,I lost her affection due to my exams ([​IMG]). She'd still eat out of my hands but if I want to pet her she runs away, unlike my three other chickens. ([​IMG]) If any one is interested, I'm asking $25, she was born on Feb 20, 2008. Along side I have mergmets (best breeder I know,in VA) red bantam cochin, same problem. ([​IMG]) she was born on the 10th of April. ($8).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2008
  2. alabama girl

Apr 5, 2008
    Auburn, Al
    anyone?

3. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    OMG I want to be close enough to get her. Some day I WILL have one!!!!

4. alabama girl

Apr 5, 2008
    Auburn, Al
    Hey, thankyou, even though a good friend is going to AR, to Pinebluff for a wedding but I do't think she'd want to be my friend any more if I ask her to take this chicken with her on a 24-hr. drive....[​IMG]

5. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    LOL....yeah, that might not be her idea of fun!!!!

6. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Your Tulip is really a beautiful girl!

7. alabama girl

Apr 5, 2008
    Auburn, Al
    Quote:Thank you crtrlovr, she is going to be even prettier, her parents were gorgeous. Hey, you have an A.grey, I do too, his name is Shaka Zulu. Is yours male or female? I am also looking for some strawberry finches these days, used to have my own aviary, miss their songs!!

8. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

I have a friend who also has an AG named Shaka! Mine is a male, hatched April 1999, named Taz (that wouldn't have been my choice, but he's had that name for about 7 or 8 years now, so we dont' know if we should try to rename him or not. Husband wants to, I'm undecided. We are his third owners. The first sold him to the son of a friend of mine because they'd gotten him for their children and he was too aggressive for the kids (2 and 3 yrs. old ... duh, TUPID, TUPID, TUPID!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] ) . Absolutely the WRONG bird for children, and really ANY bird would not be good for that age kids. The next guy liked him (the bird is a VERY male-oriented bird; he likes fellas MUCH better than ladies) but is a total neat freak and perfectionist and couldn't deal with a few seed husks here and there, or, God forbid, a feather or two, so the bird was first in the living room, then relegated to the mostly unused dining room, then to the totally unused back bedroom where someone would take him food and water once a day (basically solitary confinement). The guy would take him out once in a while and interact with him, but for the most part the poor bird sat by himself and started screaming and calling them for attention, and they started interacting with him less and less. My friend was furious about it, but son wouldn't listen to her. We finally talked him into selling him to us, and now the bird at least has daily attention and other birds for something to see and hear. He's got a really strong ornery streak; he'll be a sweetheart one minute and before you can blink he'll grab hold of finger, thumb, webbing between thumb & finger, wrist, etc. whatever he can get hold of and try to chew right through it. We've had him since Nov. 2007, and the training is rather slow going. Just when I think we're making progress, he gets me again, and we basically go back to square one. Help, Chet and Dave Womack!!! Our society finches hatched a baby out that I had no clue was in the works (hence the name Surprise!). So there you have it. At least I can cuddle and hug my white eye conure and not lose blood in the process! (and my chickens, of course!)

Last edited: May 6, 2008
  9. alabama girl

Apr 5, 2008
    Auburn, Al
    Oh, you surely will have fun with Taz, he probably wouldn't like the name change, I read a great deal about the breed, they have the intelligence leve of a 5-yr. old, there is a professor in Penn. state university who does intellectual training and experiments on A. greys.
    I got mine 9-yrs ago as a week old baby from a bird fair and since he's learned each family member's voice. I wish he were a little clean freak. I was busy in my final exams, past couple of days and was neglecting his food dishes, he figured he can walk to the feed container and open it, today found the chipped off lid on the container and some droppings nearby....mystery solved [​IMG]. Sometimes I think, I should get him a mate, but then I had lost my tiel to a mate and breeding too, he totally became a true HUSBAND/DAD. I am thinking of building a new and bigger coop, where one section will be reserved for my strawberries, there is a breeder in arkansas, just have to contact him to ask.

10. alabama girl

Apr 5, 2008
    Auburn, Al
    For those around me like in GA and other sides of Auburn (toward Montgomery, Dothan and Birmingham) I am willing to meet half way. I'm pretty sure all my chickens are claustrophobic....[​IMG] and I can empathize with that, at my age, I'd hate traveling in a box too. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by