SOLD-CA- 1/2 doz. Mille Fleur Cochin Hatching Eggs to ship 2/18/09

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by wwmicasa1, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wwmicasa1

wwmicasa1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2008
    Wingshadows Hacienda
    I have 1/2 doz. Mille Fleur Project hatching eggs available to ship 2/18/09

Anyone who is familar with this color knows that it is a work in progress. I have F1 hens laying now. My F2's are in the grow-out pen & I will have F3 eggs available later in the year.

My breeders are a MFC Roo from Tennessee & 3 hens produced from a cross with the same MFC Roo & 2 Buff Columbian Hens from Tom Roebuck. I sent pics of the F1's to Tom & he had this comment on my hen Bridget:

Bridget: Very nice, and probably the one most genetically Mille Fleur. Focusing on her chest she has pretty decent base color there, with decent distribution of the Black band between the Buff ground color and the white tips. True she does darken up as you go toward her cushion but the pattern is still there! If her white markings were limited only to the tips of her feathers she would almost be there as far as the Mille Fleur pattern goes. I think she's the closest in pattern I've seen on a Cochin in the US.

Here are pics of Bridget, Peggy & Suzie along with pics of my MFC roo.

[​IMG]
    Bridget F1

[​IMG]
    Another view of Bridget

[​IMG]
    MFC Roo

[​IMG]
    Another view from the back

[​IMG]
    Peggy & Suzie F1

[​IMG]
    Peggy & Suzie from the back

My hatching eggs are $25 per 1/2 doz which includes delivery. I use USPS Priority mail with delivery confirmation. I take Paypal at my email addy [email protected]

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me. Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  2. kbbeale

kbbeale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2007
    Adkins, Tx
    Gorgeous birds - wish I could afford them [​IMG]

3. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Quote:Huge ditto! [​IMG]

4. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    i hate being poor.......[​IMG]
    wonder if obama would send me some of the stimulas money for this project.....i don't have a private jet(i gave it up for the chickens already [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  5. wwmicasa1

Nov 22, 2008
    Wingshadows Hacienda
    Hey, I hear ya about $$ being tight. [​IMG]

If anyone would like 1/2 doz (6) eggs, I would be happy to send them for $25 which includes shipping. Let me know!!! Thank you.

6. blueoval1

blueoval1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Raleigh N.C.
    I would take them if i had a bator [​IMG]

7. La Unica Farms

La Unica Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    backswamp NC
    I'm really new to the chicken world and I just want to make sure that I am reading this correctly. These eggs are Cochins crossed with Mille Fleur chickens right?
    I don't suppose you sell straight Mille Fleurs do you? I have been looking for some really nice ones. If so, what do you sell them for ( I would probably be interested in 12 eggs ). Right now our incubator is down but hopefully it will be back up really soon.
    Just let me know.
    Thanks

8. wwmicasa1

Nov 22, 2008
    Wingshadows Hacienda
    Quote:Thanks so much for your inquiry.

Mille Fleur is a color, not a breed. I'm working on an ongoing project to produce the Mille Fleur coloring in Cochins. I have never used Mille Fleur D'Uccle to obtain this color, even though I breed them. It would be too hard to breed out the muffs, beard & stiff feathers produced by a D'Uccle.

My Mille Fleur D'Uccles are not laying right now but should be by the first of March if you are interested in hatching eggs. My MF D'Uccle eggs are $35 per doz which includes shipping. Let me know if you would like to be put on the list & if you would like to see pics.

Again, many thanks!

9. La Unica Farms

La Unica Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    backswamp NC
    Oh WOW.. Thank you so much for responding so quickly. I had no idea that the Cochin came in such a wonderful color. My favorite bird in our coop is my sweet little Cochin hen. I absolutely adore her ( she actually meets me at the door and will let me carry her around ). I actually posted not too long ago that I was looking for some high end Cochin eggs but right now our incubator is having a few problems. It still works but I would hate to spend 50 dollars on eggs when my incubator is not working at its best. The six is a lot more tempting ( as far as price is concerned ) but I am worried how many I would be able to hatch out. Oh, this is so upsetting.
    I would love more than anything to have such beautiful birds to keep my Peeper company. I know she would love to have some fellow Cochin friends.
    ( right now her only companions are a pair of Bronze Turkeys, two pairs of Beltsville Turkeys, and a pair of Hoodans ).
    Will you have any more available later?

10. wwmicasa1

Nov 22, 2008
    Wingshadows Hacienda
    La Unica...

I will have hatching eggs as long as the girls cooperate. I hope to have my F2's laying by May so I should have a steady supply through summer & fall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by