Sold-CA-6+ Red Bantam Cochin Eggs & 6+ Red/Gold Bantam Cochin Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by wwmicasa1, Jan 24, 2009.

1. wwmicasa1

wwmicasa1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2008
    Wingshadows Hacienda
    My Red and Red/Gold Bantam Cochins have started to lay. They are from the Tom Roebuck & Anna May Carlson line. I will have 6+ Red Bantam Cochin eggs and 6+ Red/Gold Bantam Cochin eggs to ship on Monday 1/26/09.

Here are pics of my breeders.

[​IMG]
    Rocky-Red Cochin Roo

[​IMG]
    Red Cochin Hen

[​IMG]
    Rocky & his girls

[​IMG]
    Buffy-Red/Gold Cochin Roo

[​IMG]
    Two Red/Gold Cochin Hens

The eggs are $35 per doz. which "includes" Shipping via USPS priority mail with delivery confirmation. I take Paypal at my email addy [email protected]

Thank you.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  2. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    Wow thoes are great looking cochins. Can't do it right now but I'll be getting back to you on some.

3. wwmicasa1

Nov 22, 2008
    Wingshadows Hacienda
    Quote:Thank you so much for the kind words. Let me know when you have an empty spot in your bator & I'll do the best I can to fill it for you!

4. crzy4peafowl

crzy4peafowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2008
    Texas
    Would you be willing to split the dozen? 6 of the dark red cochin eggs. Or maybe even better yet, do you happen to have a dark red roo? Do you sell chicks?

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Wow, those red/golds are really something! I don't think I have ever seen those before!

6. wwmicasa1

Nov 22, 2008
    Wingshadows Hacienda
    Quote:I can split the doz & just send you the Red Cochin if you would like. It would be $22 for 6+ which includes delivery.

Yes, I do have several roos that could be shipped in March after the weather warms. If you are interested, I can send you pics. They are about 12 weeks old. The roos are $25 each plus shipping. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

7. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    Lynne, you have some very nice birds. I wonder if I could cross some of these buffy -red/golds with the mille fleurs you sent me. Do you use those to work on color? The roo looks like he has a bit of columbian in him...just gorgeous sheen. [​IMG]

8. wwmicasa1

Nov 22, 2008
    Wingshadows Hacienda
    Quote:Thank you so much for the kind words. Just let me know when you are ready for eggs.

9. wwmicasa1

Nov 22, 2008
    Wingshadows Hacienda
    Quote:I haven't out crossed to any color other than Buff Columbian. I don't think my Buffy (red/gold) has a Columbian background, but you never know. Do you think that because of the black in his tail?
    All his chicks have shown less & less of the black feathers in the tail.

I would wait to do any additional color breeding. IMO you might lose some of the mottling. However, if you aren't getting the results that you seek then that is the time to try something new.

10. crzy4peafowl

crzy4peafowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2008
    Texas
    I have sent payment for the 6 red cochin eggs. Can't wait to hatch them out. Now, on the roos that you have available are any of them a red-gold roo? I ask because I am using my red gold hens with a beautiful black mottled roo. My son and I are working on mille fleur and are excited to see what happens. We thought if we could get a red gold roo to put him with our lovely mottled hens we could see what happens. Anyhow, please send any pics of the roos that you will have available.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by