1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

SOLD! Check out how my coop got moved to its new home!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by CranberryBirds, Apr 1, 2007.

1. CranberryBirds

CranberryBirds Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2007
    : https://www.backyardchickens.com/coops/fort-brawks/

UPDATE! Coop on Wheels! The coop left the property today, check this out! You might be crazy about chickens if.....you drive over three hours to pick up a coop, then drive home! It barely fit but cleared the sides of the trailer by about 1"!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/toucankim/468820785/

NEW PRICE: $80.
    You pick up! Great coop, would cost 3 or 4 times as much to make it yourself. I really hope this coop can go to a nice chicken home!

Fort Brawks is on the auction block! I am moving (to Africa with the Peace Corps!!!!!) and have found homes for my chickens but not my chicken house! I am very proud of this coop and I hope that someone can use it. It comfortably housed my 7 hens all winter long with just a 250-W light.

The chickens will be gone and the coop will be ready to go around the last week of April/first week of May.

I am located near Kossuth PA and if you would like to be the new owner of this coop, you will have to pick it up. I'm guessing a trailer would be required. It is about 6 feet by 6.5 feet and is currently up on cement blocks. It is kind of heavy as the frame and floor are solid hardwood and the sides are plywood over metal sheets. Help will be available to load it onto your trailer.

Features of the coop are explained in the link on BYC.

I will start out asking for $100 and if no one bites, I'll lower the price until someone says "SOLD!" If anyone has any questions, PM me.

Thanks,

CranberryBirds

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  2. Llysse

Llysse Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2007
    I totally bite!!!!

3. newchickenmomma

newchickenmomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Frankford, NJ
    where in pa are you located?

4. Jimagination

Jimagination Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2007
    Lancaster, PA
    Where are you in PA? I am right on the edge of Berks, Chester and Lancaster. I would definitely be interested.

5. CranberryBirds

Mar 14, 2007
    Hey everyone,

I am near KOSSUTH, PA, which is on Route 322 in Clarion County.

I will go on a "first-come, first-served" basis and work my way down the list of those interested in case the first people decide they aren't interested.

Thanks!

CB

6. newchickenmomma

newchickenmomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Frankford, NJ
    awwwww you are 4.5 hours from me [​IMG] I really could have used it too [​IMG]

7. CranberryBirds

Mar 14, 2007
    Hey, all, the coop is still available---any takers?

8. CranberryBirds

Mar 14, 2007
    Jimagination, I tried to email you to see if you are interested--those above you in the thread have decided they can't transport Fort Brawks.

If Jim isn't interested, anyone else? Great coop for a great price--you'd probably spend 3 times that much to build one like it from scratch!

CB

9. Llysse

Llysse Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2007
    Cranberry Birds, if Jimagination isn't interested, I'd still be interested if you think you wouldn't mind dropping the price about $30. That would allow me to rent a U-haul trailer that would be large enough to transport the coop. (I'll have to check with a friend who has a vehicle large enough to tow such a big trailer, too... I'll try getting in touch with him Early this week to see if it's possible.)

10. Jimagination

Jimagination Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2007
    Lancaster, PA
    I did email you back...I am not sure why it hasn't been working....this is what I wrote...
    Sorry, I don't think I will be able to make the drive out to get it.
    Jodi

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by