1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

~~ SOLD ~ Florida ~ Mille Fleur Bantam Cochin Pair ~ $60 ~~

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Happy Chicken Mama, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happy Chicken Mama

Happy Chicken Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    Florida
    We thought we would post pictures to see if anyone int the BYC family was interested in these little dears. The mille fleur patters is a project color and a work in progress. The Rooster is mostly red and is beginning to get some spots here and there. Most mille fleur cochins will get more and more coloring each time they molt. The Girl is mostly black and white and the offspring will benefit from the roosters color.

They are only three & a half months old and have a lot of filling out to do. We would love to keep them for a couple months more to see how they fill out but for now the crowing is a bit too much to handle. Nothing brings the chicken police to your door quicker than a million Roosters a crowin'. They were all born on May 21st. If anyone is interested in more pictures or other information just shoot me a PM or email.

We, of course, would prefer local pick-up but if someone is truly interested we will ship. $60 including box.

They have been used to free ranging during the day and we hope for them to go to a loving home that can provide them with L.O.T.S of room to roam. They have such great temperaments and are a joy to watch!

~THANKS!~

Mille Fleur Cochin Bantam Pair $60

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  2. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

[​IMG] They were born on the day after my B-day...................... how you tempt me............. hatch some chicks, hatch some chicks, i can smuggle them past hubbie easier, LOL

3. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    Wow .. beautiful birds ..

4. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

They make an adorable couple!

(must remember to stop looking at Happy Chicken Mama's BST posts! the drool is pooling around me)

5. Happy Chicken Mama

Apr 23, 2007
    Florida
    I'm sure we can hatch some especially for your next birthday!

I have 11 of them in my backyard... my husband & I have to wear a drooling bibs!

My sister thinks they look like a school of fish in our back yard... they are so beautiful.

The two on the left are the ones for sale... these were taken about three days ago.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  6. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Trade Ya For A Pair Of Bantam Cochin Frizzle Hens? They're Awful Cute Birds You Have!

7. Happy Chicken Mama

Apr 23, 2007
    Florida
    I wish I could trade ya'!

We live in the city and are (Shhhhh...) a few too many over our limit now...

Hence the selling of a few. Its good for me though. When we live in the country there will be NO STOPPING ME!

I already have full scale drawings of my three chicken barns. My husband thinks I have lost my mind!

Oh, some day I will have...
    Lavender Orpingtons
    Lavender Aracaunnas
    Mille Fleur Leghorns
    Splash Marans
    Oh, and the magical waves of silkies & cochins... and the list goes on...

See my husband made the mistake of getting me chickens for my birthday 3 years ago... what a grand guy!

No one can deny their wives chickens for their birthday... anyone have one comming up?

8. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Lol Well Good Luck With That!

9. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I'm dreaming of my 10 acre spread too, he he.

10. WiseChicks

WiseChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Hudson, WI
    SOOOOOOOOO tempted!!!! I have enough space to add another breeding pen for the winter....

We have decided that we love having a fluffy mini flock. (Mini in stature, not the size of the flock, which is ever expanding. LOL!)

SO, that means Bantam Cochins, Silkies, Belgians, Seramas, and d'Uccles (rhymes with "chuckles" in our yard, since they all come a-running when we call that)

We do have a few standard breeds.... BLRW, Ameracaunas, and Blue Jersey Giants, but the tiny guys are definitely taking over. Unfortunately, all of those seem to be hard to come by in MN and WI. sigh.

Katie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by