SOLD For sale-IL-Hens and Pullets

Status
Not open for further replies.

EweSheep

Flock Mistress
14 Years
Jan 12, 2007
Land of Lincoln
With a heavy heart, this morning my hubby has informed me that he will be expecting a lay off from his employment and we would need to cut back on our birds for immediate sale. We can meet half way to Springfield, Champaign and Bloomington and possibly Peoria, Illinois.

Here is the list:

11 and half mo old white EE with buff lacing on chest. Ideal Hatchery bred. Lays beautiful dark green egg. $5.00

2 year old Welsummer hen. Gordie lines. Not laying. Likes to talk alot. Lays medium speckled terra cotta eggs. $10.00 OR the young pullet, hatched in April 08 from Estes Hatchery. Not yet laying. $5.00 You choose one or the other, not both of these Welsummers.

1 and half year old Welsummer hen. Hatched from Christie's stock. Not laying yet but lays a light terra cotta eggs last year. $5.00

FREE Black Orp Bantam Rooster. Superior Farm/Don Chandler lines. Will be a year old in March. Gentle and sweet! FREE with the girls.

Might have more later when time permits . Please PM me for more birds unlisted in here. DISCOUNTS for purchasing the majority of the birds.

Sorry my Spitz flock are not for sale but my Spitz roo MIGHT go in April if my zoo does not take him in for the summer months. I am retaining all of my bantams but letting most of my LF stock go.

For those who put me on your egg hatching or chick waiting list, please take me off from them. Its a priority that my family comes first and will not be hatching out any future chicks until hubby's job is found elsewhere. I'll be sitting on my hands for the whole time drooling all of you guys hatching and buying chicks but I sure can enjoy the cheer!

**please see here
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=131952
Thanks**
Thanks Terri!
wink.png

Last edited:
Here are some pics! Enjoy!
The Welsummers:
Chickens014.jpg

The white EE:
Chickens016.jpg

The Black Orp Bantam Roo:
DSCF0029.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Well hubby got a friend who lives down in Effingham but I dont know if he would be willing to take the birds down there. He works at the newspaper here in Decatur and does his runs on daily basis.

Well if he would be willing to take the birds to Effingham I would be more than happy to meet him up there.
smile.png
I would be interested in the 2 welsummers and maybe the EE. Are you just selling 2 welsummers?

Last edited:
Talked to hubby and the guy said NO LOL! He didnt want any part of chickens in his van LOL!

Sorry!

Yes I am keeping my two Wellies, one is pretty old and the other one is young from Estes Hatchery. If buyer wants the young bird, I can keep the Gordie one and sell the Estes Hatchery pullet instead. The young one has not laid yet so I have no idea of her egg color.

I am hoping they will keep the roo for me for the summer months. Most of all of their livestock at the petting zoo would be returned back to their owners.

Hoping to hear from the director of the zoo soon!

Update news from the zoo director. Nope, it would cost the zoo too much for the quarantine, expensive lab fees, shots and more tests. They really dont need any more chickens at this time because of the rising feed costs and labor. I am hoping someone nearby will "board" my roo but if not, then I would have to be forced to sell the Spitz roo and see if I can get some hatching eggs from his babies in trade for his purchase price but not the shipping cost. I sure hope it will be soon! He is one handsome roo and such a gentleman! Here's his pic:
Chickens012.jpg

However there are some leads on one person here in town (or nearby) that might take two of my chickens (the Welsummer and Orp roo). Nothing is concrete and everyone is still here. Will post if they are sold or some of them are sold.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom