***SOLD***Mille Fleur bantam cochin started pair Colorado

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ShysCreations, Sep 3, 2009.

1. ShysCreations

ShysCreations Chillin' With My Peeps

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2009
  2. WiseChicks

WiseChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Hudson, WI
    ARGH! Can't get to links from work! Stupid Firewall.

Do you know who's line they came from?

Thanks!

Katie

3. ShysCreations

Primarily Lynne's at Wingshadow

You can also see the pics at my BYC For Sale page---

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2009
  4. WiseChicks

Dec 16, 2008
    Hudson, WI
    Oh, nice! Much lighter colored than the ones I'm getting next week, also out of Lynne's line. I am hoping to find a pair or trio out of another line, just to avoid too much inbreeding.

Your little Houdan pullet is adorable!

Katie

5. ShysCreations

My breeding roo is from another breeder in Oregon, Jeanne Riddle. 3 of my 7 hens were of Lynne's flock--don't you love their shapes? Of the young MFC pair available--the cockerel is from Lynne's eggs while the pullet's sire was out of Oregon and her dam is probably one of the Wingshadow hens.
    Maybe Lynne or Jeanne can straighten me out?--I don't know where Jeanne obtained her MFC breeders.

My other hens are buff columbian from a # of breeders. I had a similar concern keeping a fresh bloodline. Two very nice juveniles--a black mottled roo and black hen with mottling somewhere in her genes--will go to the flock this year. Hope to increase the tail fluff and shorten backs.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2009
  6. WiseChicks

Dec 16, 2008
    Hudson, WI
    Are you TRYING to kill me?!! [​IMG]

OK, let me see if I have any money left over after paying for all of the birds I've reserved this week.... [​IMG]

I have 2 MF pairs, a Lav. mottle cochin pair, a black mottled pair and a blue mottled pair all arriving next week. The post office is gonna freak when they get a giant influx of birds on Wednesday!

I have been bitten hard by the MF Cochin bug. d'Uccles are my son's favorite, and mine are Cochins. We've decided to go to a primarily bantam flock, with SF Ameracaunas and SF BLRWs remaining. I have 2 gorgeous black mottled cochins at home right now.... had a phenominal roo, but a hawk got him. GIANT poufs, even mottling and gorgeous foot feathering.

Time to empty out the garage and start building breeding pens!

Katie

7. ShysCreations

Really Katie I'm not...[​IMG] but I know what its like to have been BITTEN HARD!
    I'd love to see pics of the lavendar mottles--what would they look like?

8. WiseChicks

Dec 16, 2008
    Hudson, WI
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=235653

Try
    that topic link. Otherwise the thread is back about 5 pages in Chickens BST, something about "Bantam Cochin reduction in Ohio". She has several wonderful pics there.

If that doesn't work, shoot me an email at [email protected] and I will email the pics I have in my inbox.

They are simply yummy. I was looking for blue and black mottleds, and couldn't resist the lavenders. I love banty cochins in all colors, but I am really taken with the mottleds and milles right now. The cochins are my project birds, and my son wants to work with MF d'Uccles and Black mottled d'Uccles. we have 3 hens, so I need to find a d'Uccle roo....

Katie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by