1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

sold my first dozen eggs!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by tunaoftheland, Mar 3, 2009.

1. tunaoftheland

tunaoftheland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    [​IMG] I'm so excited! I've been giving people eggs for months, saying I would probably start selling them come spring. Well, the girls have picked up their laying now everyone is done molting, so I figured I'd give it a go. A neighbor had said he would be interested in buying some, so I brought them over and asked $2 for them. He said that wasn't enough! He insisted on giving me $3!! How crazy is that?! But now I'm not sure what to charge other people. Still, it was really fun getting my first egg money! [​IMG]

2. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    I use my egg money to buy feed, hatching eggs, poultry supplies, etc. You know...feed the addiction!

3. damselfish

damselfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    Congrats! Everyone has their own price, we charge $2 but alot depends on your area. Get $3 if you can!

4. DawnSuiter

DawnSuiter Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I don't think my hens could lay enough eggs to pay for everyone's food... sure they would be carrying the slack for a few roosters & a couple of turkeys in that equation... but no way would that work!

Wonder what I'm doing wrong... [​IMG]

5. tunaoftheland

tunaoftheland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    "...feed the addiction" -hmm, that sounds like good advice. If they can pay for their feed, then maybe I could afford more chickens... Or a couple ducks or something! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by