Sold my first dozen of eggs today!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Boo-Boo's Mama, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Boo-Boo's Mama

Boo-Boo's Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sold my first dozen today! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Can you tell I'm excited! [​IMG]

Well, actually DH did...he took them with him to work on Thursday afternoon to sell to a person who was looking for Fresh Eggs on CL but the guy flim-flam'd and backed out on my DH.

I posted an ad on CL Wednesday for Fresh Eggs and someone saw it this morning and called my DH. She was very excited to get the eggs the guy did not take. She also said she and others that work with her might be interested in getting eggs weekly when my husband goes to work.

2. tcates

tcates Out Of The Brooder

Aug 8, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    [​IMG] Congrats!!!! That is awesome! [​IMG]

3. oldchickenlady

oldchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    My DH has 2 coworkers who have told him they would like to buy eggs when my hens all start laying. So far I think only one, maybe 2 are laying, but soon...I'm gonna be selling some eggs!

4. Boo-Boo's Mama

Quote:How great! [​IMG]

DH's coworkers are not the type to buy Fresh Eggs so I was thrilled that the lady said she might be a weekly consumer! She was away from her desk when he delivered them but a coworker paid for them and said they were very good looking eggs. Am hoping my EE's will start laying larger eggs so I can include them in the mix. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  5. growinupinfl

growinupinfl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Pensacola
    Rock on.. That is so cool.. Congrats..

6. Boo-Boo's Mama

Insanity is inherited from your kids your parents, your dogs, cats, chickens, and everything else that makes you just a little crazier..

How very true!! May I add: your neighbors, your boss, your coworkers, etc., etc.

I must be ready for the funny farm after all these years! [​IMG]

7. NevadaRon

NevadaRon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    Dayton
    Hey Boo-Boo's Mama what did you end up selling them for? [​IMG] I recall in an earlier thread you were trying to determine a fair price...

8. Boo-Boo's Mama

I got $3/dozen.

Locals in our small town are selling them for $1/dozen. I figure I would be losing money if I followed suit. My DH works out of town in a larger town (approx. 100,000) so thought I would do better there. My town is only about 2,000.

9. NevadaRon

NevadaRon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    Dayton
    Cool! $3/dozen is what they go for in my area, too.

10. Boo-Boo's Mama

Am hoping I can continue to sell for that price. [​IMG]

DH is 3 years from retiring but right now we are concerned about whether we can afford for him to retire. We have discussed him working til he can no longer work. If I can sell our eggs, that might help our situation. [​IMG]

BUT right now I need to pay DH back for the run, the chicks, and the feed, etc. to get them to POL! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by