Sold my hens

gal_amy

Songster
10 Years
Mar 4, 2009
Yakima Valley WA
I had 12 very healthy pullets I sold, mainly because I can't eat all the eggs, and am going in the hole.

I want the use the chicken yard to house my dog.

The yard is a 6Foot by 3Foot chain link kennel. What should I use to disinfect it to house my dog?

I thought of water and hydrogen peroxide. I know bleach is toxic to dogs and children.

He's a healthy german shepherd. We also have a back yard surrounded by a nice wooden fence, but right now he needs to be contained at times.

How do I keep him healthy? He is 9 months old.

to be quite honest. water, soap and alot of elbow grease will do a perfectly fine job... get one of those multiple choice squirter things, make sure it has "jet" as an option. that should do a really good job, especially if your chickens were healthy. My dog walks around the chicken area all the time and hes more than healthy! :) the main thing is you want to make sure you dont leave any droppings or stuff like that in the hen yard!

yah you could get the bedding wet... and normally what I do is use a snow shovel to scrape up my bedding stuff! Yah I use soap in my coop and it works great!! :) Glad it helped!

Back
Top Bottom