1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

SOLD Northern CA 9 week old SPLASH Standard/Giant Cochin Roo SOLD

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Wooden_Pony, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Wooden_Pony

Wooden_Pony Chillin' With My Peeps

"Sunny Boy" is nine weeks old and getting HUGE!
    He was hatched out here in our home and raised with my children loving on him so he is very sweet. He was hatched out of luvzmybabz cochins. SO I know the father is a splash and his mom was a blue.

He would be perfect for your flock once he gets bigger and the size of him alone once fully grown make them a true show piece in your flock!!

Please feel free to PM about Sunny Boy. I am asking $10.00 for him.

The only reason we are re-homming him is because we have his brother Spencer that we are keeping for our girl's. Otherwise he would just stay here.

One of the largest chickens, a full grown cock can easily reach 11 pounds, with the hens reaching 8 1/2 pounds. With their thick fluffy plumage, the birds look even larger. Their skin is yellow and they lay a brown egg. Although bred mostly for exhibition, they make a good meat bird. Cochins are usually very calm birds and easily made into pets.

Below are some pictures of Sunny........

Sunny Boy at two days old.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here he is with Spencer
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2008
  2. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    OMG i love his feet feathering !! what a handsome man he is - wish I lived closer - [​IMG]

julie

3. Wooden_Pony

Wooden_Pony Chillin' With My Peeps

To everyone who has PMed me about Sunny Boy.
    He has been

[​IMG] SOLD [​IMG]

To those of you who lived out of State sorry I have not got back to you about him but I just could not ship him.

4. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    [​IMG] yea [​IMG]

but it is kind of a bummer LOL

julie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by