Sold~Ohio~Miniature Horse~Mare

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Quail_Antwerp, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Emmy found her new home earlier this week. Thank you to everyone who showed interest in giving her a new home. We're confident that her new home is the perfect one for her, and the couple who got her were beside themselves with excitement to take her home. She has another mini, donkeys, and sheep to keep her company now.

Emmy is a 7 year old Miniature horse. She is registered as Windy Hollow Mighty Mouse, but her "name" is Emily, Emmy for short.

We're not really set up for a horse of any sort, not even a Miniature. She really needs a home with an experienced owner.

She is blind in her left eye. She spooks if you come up on her too fast. She will walk on a lead. She is not broke to ride.

We had her hoofs trimmed in June. She wasn't too pleased about it, but she tolerated it Ok.

Her previous owner had her in a small paddock with two mini donkeys. He said it's possible that she is bred to his mini jack, and if she is, the baby would be a mini mule. Not sure if she is expecting or not, or when she would be due.

I've reduced price to $75 for her, pick up only. We have no way to transport her anywhere.

This is her standing with my husband. (My husband is 5'11")
    [​IMG]

I've had several people pm me and/or email her about me and asked questions, but no one has seriously tried to come and get her.

I've had some ask me not to take her to auction, so I've held onto her for a couple extra weeks. Folks, I'm sorry, I'd hate to take her to auction, but if I can't sell her outright, I have no other choice.

Also, please make sure your spouse is on board with you before contacting me about her.

I will not hold her for anyone, either, unless you send a deposit and an estimated date that you can pick her up.

My zip is 43986 if you want to mapquest distance.

Thank you.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  2. Epona142

Epona142 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    Bedias, TX
    Wow she's barely bigger than my Nigis. If you were closer, I would be in some serious temptation, despite being broke lol.

3. Quail_Antwerp

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Reduced our asking price, would like her to go this week. If she isn't sold this week, we'll most likely try to get her to the auction on Monday.

Thank you.

4. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    Aww, what a sweet looking little girl!

Good luck in selling her [​IMG]

5. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    Where in Ohio are you? I have a blind mini gelding. She might be good company for him.
    I'm in the far North Eastern corner of Ohio.

6. Quail_Antwerp

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Quote:I am on the Eastern side, close to the West Virginia border.

I will PM you.

7. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    I would snag her in a second if I was closer. Good luck!

Nancy

8. Nivrocco

Nivrocco Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2009
    S.W. VA
    Do you still have her? Has she ever be trailered before? If you'de like, you can P.M. me..I'm in VA. but maybe I could make the trip..

9. Quail_Antwerp

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Quote:I'm not sure if she's been trailered or not, but I'm assuming she has. The guy we bought her from had got her from an Auction that her breeders had taken her to. He hauled her home in the back of a grand am, and we hauled her home in the back of a full sized van. She shied a little bit at first over walking up the ramp, but once she was sure about her footing she did well and walked right in.

10. lawnboy57

lawnboy57 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2009
    southeastern ohio
    Sent you a pm...I will take her. About an hour away, can pick her up this weekend. I will paypal you half if you want.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by