SOLD Ship Tomorrow or Monday Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucana eggs *WA*

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Tailfeathers, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2007
    Washington State
    Hi Y'all,

I have over a dozen of the subject eggs ready to be shipped tomorrow or Monday. The lady that was supposed to get these just informed me that she has to postpone getting them for 2-3 more weeks due to the unavailability of the incubator she is borrowing. Evidently it wonÂ’t be available for her use now until after Spring Break.

For more information on my birds, please see:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=128933

First one that sends me an email confirming they will put a Money Order in the mail tomorrow (Saturday), can have them. If you get the check in the mail tomorrowI should receive it on Monday or Tuesday and will ship the same day.

My email addy is: [email protected]

If no response here is received soon, I will try Eggbid.

God Bless,

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2009
  2. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    What are you asking for them ?

3. Hi!
    That's a good question. I don't see a price either.

Won't these eggs be a bit on the old side for shipping by the time a check/ MO arrives next week?

)
    Lisa

4. Tailfeathers

Dec 31, 2007
    Washington State
    Quote:No, these eggs won't be too old. I'm getting 3-5 eggs a day from three different pens now. Any eggs that are over 7 days old will be taken out and replaced with new eggs. Also, I always include some extra "insurance" eggs. I try hard to make sure that folks are completely satisfied with my eggs, chicks, and birds.

PLEASE read the link I included in my original post. It should answer all your questions - including the price! And it should give you a better idea of not only what you'll be getting but who is selling them.

Edited to say the following: I received a PM that I took as basically saying I was knowingly shipping old eggs that I know won't hatch. I thought I made it clear in my post what kind of person I am but let me explain and try to be as clear as possible again:

There is some debate on how long eggs can be collected before putting them into the incubator. I always try to play things on the safe side. As I'm sure most of you know, some chickens will collect 14-18 or more eggs before sitting on them. Most folks will tell you that the conservative estimate for collecting eggs is no more than 10-14 days. I strive for 7-10 days. The "7 day" period I mentioned in my post is taking into account a 3-4 day shipping delay as well as one day to rest the eggs before placing them in the incubator which is something I advise the folks to do when I send them an email letting them know the eggs are on the way. That means MOST of the eggs will be well under a week old and perhaps 3-4 will be over one week old.

Also, as I said, I always include extra eggs. So, given that I may hold them over a weekend to ship on Monday or that I may ship on a Saturday, what I'm saying is that the OLDEST eggs in the carton will be no more than 7 days old when I put them in the mail. I also take into account where I'm shipping the eggs to. For example, I would ship an egg or two that is 7 days old if I'm mailing them to someone in WA where I know they'll get them in a day or at the most two - but I wouldn't do that if I'm shipping them across country. I'd toss out the old ones and replace them with new ones.

I guess that's what I get for being in a hurry and trying to get someone some hatching eggs that I've already told I couldn't help or that might want some. I didn't expect the buyer to back out on me at the last second so I was just trying to salvage these eggs as the next person on the list is out of country and can't get any for two more weeks so these would have had to be tossed.

I hope that clears things up. Anyone that is not happy with their transaction with me, I can assure you I will do everything within reason to make it right.

God Bless,

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  5. Tailfeathers

Dec 31, 2007
    Washington State
    For some reason I can't seem to edit the subject line now. Moderators, would you please mark this as "SOLD" and you can close the post.

God Bless,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by