((SOLD))SILKIE Eggs - Utah - reduced price for the next week

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by equus2, Mar 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. equus2

equus2 Chillin' With My Peeps

6 plus extras to ship tomorrow. Price is reduced to $15, as one of my 13 hens jumped into the Java pen this week while I was gone, and there's an outside chance that my big ol mottled java roo got to her. I can't distinguish her eggs from the rest of them.

It's hard to make omelettes out of these guys, but my bators are full!

Take a look at my girls. [​IMG]

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=138482

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  2. Felicia

Felicia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Michigan
    I know no one can guarantee chicks will be show quality. But do they have some show potential? [​IMG] I would like to show some silkies in 4-H.

Edited to add:

I know if I hatch any mixes they won't be showable. But I am wondering about the pure silkies [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  3. equus2

While I've worked hard at culling and have a nice little flock, I'm a little nervous about promising "show quality" - I did raise and sell some young silkies last summer that blue ribboned at county fairs, and have repeat customers on waiting lists this year.

I can guarantee that 100% of the chicks will be pure in about a week. Right now, you might get one egg that will result in a crossbred. Just cannot say!

4. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    How much is shipping to 32608? Or is that included?

5. equus2

shipping included

6. Felicia

Feb 26, 2009
    Michigan
    Quote:That makes sense, no one can truly promise "show quality." I was just wondering if there was some show potential. I have to talk to the rents to see what they say. I looked at the link of your silkies and they are beautiful. Do you still have all the colors you listed there?

7. equus2

Right now, the girls in the laying pen are: 5 blues, 2 splash, 2 white, 3 black. I have separated my buffs, and hatching myself to see what I get.
    One of the black hens spent a day in the Java pen, while I was gone, but my husband couldn't tell which one!

My roos are: one white, one black, one blue. All of the chickens are bearded, with nice vaults. My last two hatches have been 90% blue, black and splash. I'm hatching right now, and they are all blue (so far!)

8. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    I think I'll give it a shot. [​IMG] PM me with your PayPal and I'll send you the money.

9. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Would you accept a money order? I'd like to get a dozen. Did you get your birds from a breeder? They are georgeous. [​IMG]

10. Felicia

Feb 26, 2009
    Michigan
    I pmed you [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by