SOLD!!! Siver Seabright Trio for sale in western NC

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Wildlife, Sep 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildlife

Wildlife Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2009
    Mill Spring,NC 28756
    I recently purchased these beautiful Silver Seabrights from a Banty breeder and collector.I thought I wanted to start collecting and breeding Banties too.He's got a much better setup than I do,(I've got 8 standard size hens and one rooster in a "free range"type arrangement) I've encountered some considerable resistance from my wife toward my plans to take this whole "Chicken-Farmer"thing to the next level! Up to this point she has been very supportive and has enjoyed our chickens and their eggs.I've been careful not to "overload"and get too many birds too quickly,the wife and I have reached an agreement that "nine is enough"! I don't think these new birds will fit in with the "come-as-you-are-go-where-you-want-put-yourself-to-bed-I'll-see-you-in-the-morning"lifestyle that we and our chickens enjoy.Quite casual really.I want to do right by all my birds and these may need more specialized care than I am able to provide(I'd have to build a special cage for example)
    Now that I've talked myself into giving them up,I am hopeful that one of you,my new chicken loving friends,will be willing to give them the home they deserve.I paid 30 a few days ago-I will let them go for 20.
    Are any of you into banties? These BEAUTIFUL birds will make a nice addition to your family!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  2. Jacob Lawson

Jacob Lawson New Egg

Sep 1, 2009
    could u ship those chickens to tennessee i would ceartainly buy them... Jacob...

3. Wildlife

May 26, 2009
    Mill Spring,NC 28756
    I would prefer not to ship them as I have never done that before and wouldn't know how to go about it or how to have you pay for shipping. I would prefer you pick them up or maybe meet halfway.Where in Tenn. are you? I'm in western NC, not THAT far from Tenn.Post your willingness to meet and your Town name and zip code.Let's see if we can Google Map a good halfway point.I'm in Mill Spring ,NC 28756 Cut and paste into Google Maps and my town will pop up--then widen out till you get a feel for where I am-K? ROAD TRIP!

4. cwhollars

cwhollars Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2009
    Carthage
    Hello i would love your trio. i have a trio of my own and would love to add some different blood to the mix. iam going on vacation in the morning and will no get be home for a week. if you will ship i will pay for it and give you what you paid for the tro. the birds will be taken care of. and live a sweet long live.
    thanks Clint
    Cell 765 524 1051

5. Wildlife

May 26, 2009
    Mill Spring,NC 28756
    Clint-I'll call you in a day or so after I see if Jacob or someone else can take them sooner than a week. I REALLY prefer a pick-up or a meet-up over putting the birds through the ordeal of shipping!That's got to be a traumatic experience for them.I hope you understand the birds' welfare is most important for me.I will do some research here and elsewhere on the subject of live bird shipping and get back to you-but I must tell you that I am uncomfortable with the idea at this point.Who knows-I may end up holding them for a week till you return from vacation and you might end up with these special chickens!

Any feedback from any of you dear fellow chicken-lovers on the subject of shipping?Please respond with your experiences -successful or otherwise.When I put myself in their place-I just can't imagine!Am I being too sensitive?They're just animals,right?WRONG! They're our BABIES!My discomfort remains undiminished.Can anyone put me at ease-or do you feel the same?Do I use the post office?UPS?How does buyer pay for it- from my end?Please advise-I'm still learning with an open mind.THANKS!

6. cwhollars

cwhollars Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2009
    Carthage
    thanks, hope you can find a home closer than me but if you dont i would love to add them to my flock. thanks clint

7. Wildlife

May 26, 2009
    Mill Spring,NC 28756
    Sold!!! Sold!!! Sold!!! (it Was A Pick-up)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by