Sold some hens and got a call...

Marie1234

Songster
9 Years
Mar 29, 2010
Today I got a call from the lady I sold some hens to that had me laughing. In normal chicken owner fashion the first thing she wanted to talk about was that three was not enough, she "needs" three more. She paid a good price so I didn't want to argue but I remembered she had a small coop. Guess what? She already has her husband building a larger coop. Next she wanted to tell me about the crazy things these birds do. It seems that one has become a toe pecker. It only goes for hers though, everyone else seems to be safe. She's also telling me (like this is the first time it has ever happened) that she can actually pick them up and walk around with them. Cute. Next topic was that she can't believe she has wasted the last twenty years being a dog owner, buying 20-40 pounds of food each week only to get, well what you get from dogs. Why didn't anyone ever tell her how much fun it is to watch a bird chase a bug?

Here is what has me cracking up though. I gave her an ISA, CG, & EE. Brown egg, white egg, green egg. She thinks the green eggs are really cool but won't eat them as straight eggs, like fried or scrambled, but only as an ingredient in cakes and such. I tried really hard not to laugh. I couldn't help but call her a chicken racist.

It's nice to know that my birds went to someone who really enjoys them as much as she seems to. It's also good to know that she will be ready for three more as long as they don't have funny colored eggs.

The more of these one and two year old hens I can sell the more hatching eggs I can buy! Chicken math says three common hens = two dozen hatching eggs!

What a nice story thanks for sharing. It's funny about the colored eggs. I have a sister in law who won't eat brown eggs only likes white. I only have brown layers.

Wishing you the best

rancher

lol.png
Too funny! And a "chicken racist" at that, too. Ha ha ha. I have a chicken in a house that I'm not supposed to have a chicken, hubby wants to move anyways so now he wants to find somewhere we can keep her. I hope he doesn't five more, lol.

Back
Top Bottom