SOLD!! TN- blue ameraucana cockeral *PICS

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by CityGirlintheCountry, Sep 20, 2009.

1. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    This guy needs a new home! He is about 20 weeks old and hatched from the Gardner line. The pictures don't actually do him justice. He is absolutely gorgeous in real life. The only reason he's going is that I hatched 5 roosters out of 7 eggs. Sigh.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Asking price is $15. Can meet up in the Murfreesboro area.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  2. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Does he have a good temperment?

He is a GORGEOUS boy.....

3. FLF

FLF Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Portersville
    I don't suppose you ship? He is really beautiful!

4. CityGirlintheCountry

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    I don't really want to ship if I can avoid it. It's just so hard on the chicken. [​IMG]

These guys are all hen raised, so they are a bit skittish around me. I suppose that's a good thing as they all turned out to be roosters. I did ruin a perfectly good mille fleur d'uccle by babying him when he was young. At any rate, this guy is certainly the alpha of the group. He's not aggressive with me and he's not hateful to the others, but he certainly is in charge. They are all just hitting adolescence so I don't know what his long term outlook is, but for now he and all the others just run away from me. [​IMG]

5. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Quote:That sounds really good to me!

But what about with the girls? How is he with them?

6. CityGirlintheCountry

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Truthfully, they are still in the "girls have cooties" phase of adolescence. The only girl he has paid any attention to was the silkie I tried to move into their pen. He promptly chased her down and mounted her. I think it was more of a pecking order thing though. He and the other 4 boys just ignore the two girls that stay in there with them. I'm trying to get rid of some of these roosters BEFORE they start noticing the girls! EEK!

[​IMG]

7. FLF

FLF Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Portersville
    Why am I so far away from everyone?!? Grrrr... He certainly is perfect, to bad TN is 8-10 hours from here. I would snatch him up in a heartbeat! He'd have a nice Harem here, lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by