1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Soldiers Angels

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by laceynoelle, Dec 29, 2009.

1. laceynoelle

laceynoelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Reno
    Hey guys i think this would be really great for some people to try out. You would be supprised how much it helps.

What you do:
    You adopt a deployed soldier. Its not our Soldier's faults that theres a war going on. The least we can to is help them out a bit.
    Log onto www.soldiersangels.com and adpot a soldier. You have to be 18 or older, but younger people can do it with thier parents permission, under thier parent's name.
    What you need to do is send a letter every week and a box of practical snacks once a month. You can make your own box or send a prearranged one.
    Its really a great cause and it helps a lot. My soldier wrote me a letter back over the summer, and he explained how much everything was appreicated. I guess its really awesome to hear your named called for mail, and to know theres people thinking about you.

Dear aministators:

This topic probably doesnt fit in this area, but can you please give it week or so before you move it? Thanks.

2. SmartyChick

SmartyChick An Official Milkmaid

Oct 19, 2009
    Sullivan County NY
    That's nice, I might like to do that. As you can see by my signature, my bro is in the navy so I'm a little partial to our military boys...

3. laceynoelle

Nov 12, 2009
    Reno
    Me too. [​IMG] Its fun. you should. My gpas were in it, and im thinking i might. Idk though. its all up in the air. Lol i need to pay for college some how.

4. laceynoelle

Nov 12, 2009
    Reno
    No one is interested! [​IMG]

5. kimbalaya

kimbalaya Out Of The Brooder

Dec 28, 2009
    Rogue Valley, S. Oregon
    I thought the name of that charity sounded familiar. I went to high school with the President's Assistant.

6. laceynoelle

Nov 12, 2009
    Reno
    Oh my gosh! lol thats awesome. Thanks for posting. [​IMG] Maybe some one will look at it if its kinda by the top.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by