Solid Colored Muscovy

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by FeatheredObsessions, Jun 27, 2011.

1. FeatheredObsessions

FeatheredObsessions Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    So the one duck I have decided to keep was Solid Colored Musocvy. Absolutely beautiful! but impossible to find near me. I have seen pictures on the internet, escpecially Cottage Roses WOW! Lovely birds but no one ships that I have found. Today I had two Akitas tear down a fence and kill my flock. I'm pretty devastated today [​IMG] My hens flew away but the young birds and heavy didn't have a chance against these huge dogs. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

So I will be again searching for solid colored muscovy. Does anyoone have any ideas where I can start looking? Willing to pay shipping costs. Really love the silver and lilacs

2. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

Sorry to hear about your flock. I know akitas can be aggressive but I also have an akita and she does fine with my ducks she also loves them and spends time with them (supervised) and protects them lol. Its kinda cute. I wonder what got into them. Really sorry to hear about this [​IMG]

3. FeatheredObsessions

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    I've had problems with these two dogs before. Last time animal services told me the dogs are contstant problems and the dogs broke through the front window to get out and play. Last summer these dogs walked right into the house and marked my furniture!!!

4. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    I have a few solid chocolates. They are still babies but I plan to raise them so I can hatch their offspring next year. I do know someone who has some solid lavender muscovies, I think he might have silver too. If you are interested let me know and I can give you his info. He might have some fertile eggs for sale.

5. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

Quote:Im sorry about that. Guess that owner doesnt really care about their dogs. I hope you called animal control again on them cause now that they have killed they have to do something about the dogs. I would have maded the owner pay to get all my furniture cleaned as well!

6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I am so sorry to hear about your loss. [​IMG]

7. nes

nes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2009
    Outside Ottawa
    Paint ball gun.

(1) Scare the dogs off
    (2) Mark them so you can prove to the owner/animal services/anyone who cares to listen, who is causing the problem.

8. FeatheredObsessions

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    Maybe a paintball gun is in my future!

9. FeatheredObsessions

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    Quote:I would love any thoughts on finding silver and lavendar! Thank you!

10. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I hate to sound like the jerk here but I would have killed the dogs if I had caught them killing my birds. you have a riht to protect your animals and I think it's absolute BS that the owner hasn't done more to keep them under control.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by