1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Solid Green CALL DUCK?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by FarmGirl21, Oct 25, 2008.

1. FarmGirl21

FarmGirl21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    WA
    I went to the feed store today. The usually always have chickens & chicks in their outside pen. the ones that got too big for the brooder or just didnt sell. They are finally selling them all, I just got an EE-type roo(purebred but not sure what breed, and a matching 'hen', i think thats a molting roo though [​IMG]. BUT i saw THE most gorgeous call drake!! he was SOLID green like a Cayuga but i've never seen anything so green!! even in the shade it was like he was glowing! what is this color called?? how do i get this! I've never seen or heard of one before, he was just gorgeous!!!

does anyone have any available!!??[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  2. Chickndaddy

Chickndaddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2007
    East Texas
  3. FarmGirl21

FarmGirl21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    WA
    He was a call...the guy at the store is very... 'weird' about his calls. I asked him if he would consider a trade & the first thing out of his mouth was "thats my call duck!" lol. he's had a few others there before...sort of on display i guess. he said this male was still young & that he got him from a local breeder...i will hopefully soon find out who!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by