1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Solid kind of dry pea green poop.....ideas?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Gravelroads, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Gravelroads

Gravelroads New Egg

Jun 2, 2016
    So I aquire 2 hens and 2 roos @ about a year old and wormed them shortly after getting them with the correct dosage of wazine 17 as a "first" dewormer now about 3 days or so later the droppings seem more frequent and are semi solid pea green color....at a loss any help would be appreciated!!

2. Wyorp Rock

Wyorp Rock Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Southern N.C. Mountains
    Welcome to BYC
    What type of food/treats are you feeding?
    Any photos?

3. Gravelroads

Gravelroads New Egg

Jun 2, 2016
    Layena Pellets and scratch grains in small amount/out of separate feed bowl only of and evening.They are in a run on soil so no grass to cause coloring.The birds dont act lethargic,eat fine,comb and waddles are red,good weight, however 1 hen is a little pale in the face but she's the one I saw actually pass the worms I'll snap a couple of pics as soon as the sun comes out.

4. Wyorp Rock

Wyorp Rock Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Southern N.C. Mountains
    I just want to clarify. Do you feed the Layena free choice and then the scratch is fed separately in the evening?

http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=17568.0

5. Gravelroads

Gravelroads New Egg

Jun 2, 2016
    Correct,here a couple pics of what the droppings look like this morning[​IMG]

6. Gravelroads

Gravelroads New Egg

Jun 2, 2016
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by